• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Round In The Chamber?

That's most likely the reason for which it is not implemented. The last mag would have one less bullet for every reload you did since refilling the ammo.

Honestly this shouldnt be an issue, if you have ocd on having even mags, you wont do this second reload anyways. Meaning it will be like the same as before.

Also ammo amounts wouldnt change, like i said this isnt something i want forced down peoples throats, i just want to see the option there for those who want it.

Another thing to take into account is that unless you absolutely spray your mags, and make sure to go through a whole mag every time, most likely by the time you get to your last mag you will not have a full one anyways. It is not smart to keep a mag that has 2 rds in it for the sake of using full complete mags, so this point is unfeasible anyways.

Upvote 0
That's most likely the reason for which it is not implemented. The last mag would have one less bullet for every reload you did since refilling the ammo.

Not true. If you would reload only when your gun is empty, then you won't have bullet in the chamber and this won't "screw up your even mags". But if you are reloading as often as possible (like most KF players do), then you won't have full mag in the end anyway.

Upvote 0
Not true. If you would reload only when your gun is empty, then you won't have bullet in the chamber and this won't "screw up your even mags". But if you are reloading as often as possible (like most KF players do), then you won't have full mag in the end anyway.
Yeah, ofc. However, it's still my theory that this type of thinking has lead devs to not implement chambered bullet feature.
That and laziness ;D

Upvote 0
What really gets me isn't the round in the chamber, at least until we get a low-capacity, high damage, closed-bolt gun, it's the tactical vs. empty reloads. I'll oftentimes reload with only 1 round left to do an empty reload (which tends to be faster imho) only to watch the guy painstakingly save his now empty old mag. It's a little thing, but pisses me the hell off esp. since a 1 round left reload should be the very fastest.

Upvote 0