• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Rome: Total War - Free

Plenty mods benifit from BI/Alex, but only a few acctualy require them.

i didn't want to keep hijacking the shogun 2 thread and fortunately this is exactly what i wanted to find out - the necessity of purchasing BI for RTW.

i understand from the above mods don't need BI, but how do they benefit? To they use the extra units?
does BI ad greatly to vanilla Rome?
would most multiplayer matches require it?
and what about alexander?

i am going to get stuck into ROME as a decent and straightforward intro to the series and was wondering if i should get BI with it.

Upvote 0
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but since Europa Barbarorum completely revamps the factions, units, and campaign, it doesn't use anything from Barbarian Invasion. With Europa Barbarorum, the game is 50x more accurate than vanilla will ever be, leaving no reason to own BI or Alexander, unless you're a complete Total War fan. Of course you won't be able to play BI multiplayer matches, but I doubt I'd ever play vanilla multiplayer ever again.

Edit: However, if you're new to Rome, you should probably play vanilla for a little bit. The EB campaign can be pretty difficult at times. The multiplayer takes some time to master as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0