• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS rogame.exe STILL CAN NOT FIX AFTER EVERYTHING

BroskyBro

Jun 12, 2015
Hi, rogame.exe is coming up whenever I try to log in. I have been dealing with this issue and haven't found a fix. Tried just about everything and still get the error. Thank you in advance.

Update: was able to play two times since the error started, once I logged off the error came back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it may have been from corrupt files from my memory sticks. My OC is fine. 1.32v for a 32nm i7 970 @ 4GHz is plenty. I've done 4.6GHz @ 1.37v (which is still under intel spec) so I'm assuming it's the memory kit. Upon setting up my newly installed OS (system at default CPU and Memory speeds) I had a few freezes so I'm almost sure it's the memory.

EDIT: btw, how much ram is used according to Task Manager when playing RO2/RO2 Rising Storm in Windows 7 64? I'm considering either a single 4gb module or a single 8gb module.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did the reinstall with a stable RAM stick. Started from a fresh OS install to the Rising Storm install. It ran fine. I decided to drop in my old .ini files. I rebooted and the game and it didn't seem to take my settings but it ran fine. I re-copied the ini files into the config directory, set the Engine and Game ini files along with the Input (it's been read only for a year) ini file to read only. Rebooted the game and it crashed. I disabled Read Only on the file properties one at a time and rebooted the game and oddly this time everytime it crashed. To re-itterate the first time the game booted with only the Input ini at Read Only. So that started me thinking it was something to do with the ini files. I haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet but it may be the ini file version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It might be an old INI file.

Also, open up command prompt with administrator level access and run sfc /scannow that might find corrupt system files
Okay, did it and it says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
Still got the error when I tried, is it possible to fix still?

Last edited:
Upvote 0