• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rocket Artillery

Hmm, possible Variations are endless.... :)
A bit off-topic: One of the guys I play regularly with [FOX]Dopamin has implemented a player fireable Wurfrahmen 40 on an SdKfz 251 as well as a Stuka Attack on a modified Arad-map for RO-O.
Still early beta, but normally running on the "Foxhole" Server.

Questions like reloadability by player, on map/off-map, effect and density of salvo will probably depend on several factors. E.g. the 28/32 cm Nebelwerfer-Rockets had a range of < 2 km, this could make it difficult to place off-map for larger maps.

Effect on tanks depends, the 15 cm had a relatively small explosive payload, also the 21 cm were intended to derive their effect mostly from fragmentation. The 28 cm rockets had a massive payload of 50 kg explosive, this will probably damage even heavier tanks considerably.

Density and area covered of course depends largely on the number of rockets, depening also on the calibre (especially for the russians) and the artillery unit represented, e.g. a single item, a platoon, a company?

It's not necessarily true that the russians would have less payload per rocket, but more rockets per salvo. While the BM-8 (82mm) rocket has a tiny payload of just 0,6 kg explosive, the BM-13 (132 mm) has a much more serious payload of 4,9 kg explosive. Both are quite a difference to the 2,4 kg of the (most numerous) german 15 cm Rocket.
And to the 38,6 kg rocket of the 21 cm of course too... ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you ever play theater of war 2:kursk

when you call in arty, its off map, but you can see muzzle flashes from the guns, and i think you can kinda see the guns. they are low res/detail, but you know thows are the arty guns you are hearing and seeing fly over and feeling hit the ground.

DONT MAKE THEM CREWABLE, just outside the map a little, but a little more detailed so some guy with binos can look and see some guys reloading the rockets.

it would add imersion and realism.

you know this. even normal arty guns. they break open a wood box of shells, run to teh gun, jack i nteh shell, BANG. run back, ETC

have liek 5 boxes of shells = 5 total arty strikes remining.

i understand there is liek 4 or 5 different styles of arty, you dont have to model them all. rockets have to be close...so do mortors. 155mm long toms on the other hand.....

Reactions: [TW]schneidzekk
Upvote 0
Rocket artillery and especially traditional artillery would be out of sight in most circumstances.

Even seeing the morters leads to the issue that if you use a small morter model then there the issue of it still being able to hit everywhere on a large tank map when really it shouldn't, but if you use a heavy morter then it really shouldn't be close to the combat zone anyway.

actually how big were some of the larger tank maps for RO/DH?

Upvote 0
I happen to be looking at the German field army troops dated to around July of 1942. So here's what they supposedly where equipped with.

The germans had at Stalingrad
Werfer Regiments 51 & 53
Schweres Werfer Regiment 2
At lest I know that these units where destroyed their.

Werfer Regiments 51 & 53 had three battalions of 18x 150mm NbW 41 rocket launchers each.

schweres Werfer Regiment 2 had three battalions of 18x 280/320mm NbW 41 rocket launchers each.

Also note each battalion had three 37mm Pak 36 ATGs one per battery, theirs also two LMGs per battery.

Source is this this site
http://www.sturmpanzer.com/sturmpanzer.com/Default.aspx?tabindex=5&tabid=620&item=3&sec=0http://www.sturmpanzer.com/sturmpanzer.com/Default.aspx?tabindex=5&tabid=620&item=3&sec=0

scroll down and find this entry T78R404 - H1/91 - Zwischengliederung ohne Divisionen. Juni 1942.
or just click the link, scroll down to pages 73-76.

click here to find what the little drawings mean.

The 28cm rockets weighed 82kg and had a 50kg warhead, the 32cm rockets contained 50 liters of incendiary oil (or other chemicals), both models had a range of under 3,000m.

The 15cm rocket was 32kg with a 2kg warhead, and a range of about 7,000m

Last edited:
Upvote 0