• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 won't launch half the time

Graphic

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Nevada
I've been having this problem since release and I'm finally starting to get really annoyed by it.

Basically whenever I go to launch RO2, I have a 50/50 chance of it actually starting. Sometimes it launches fine. When it doesn't, the picture of the German guy will stay up forever with the unreal engine program on the task bar, which is white and (not responding) if I click it.

90% of the time when this happens it won't launch again until I restart Steam. And then still sometimes.

Any ideas?

Have you defragged your HD? Are you running other programs that could be stealing resources?

Hi again Putz! In my cae after installing RO2 I defragment both partitions everyday! I also try to defragment game cache, but it says its not fragmented (both the hard drive and the game)
I even used advanced system optimizers function to free some ram.
I even disabled windows services that I wont use. I even terminated processes that I was not going to use. Again, at least first time is a crash. But I dont worry since it runs from second or third try :)
BTW as for my lagg issues, I dont know if they are caused by just 2 GB of RAM I have, but I found nice server that is not lagging for me...I dont know why. And CAn I disable all the voice chat from all the guys in server at same time? Sometimes VOIP causes lagg too. When russians start to talk the sh*it out of their mouths its just horrible....:IS2:

Upvote 0