• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS RO1 one glitch still in game.. players shooting through objects

Just finished an Iwo Jima map and a Allied player was using the MG. He was up to 140 kills spawn camping and bragging about how he was using a glitch still in the game from RO1.

Sad to hear this is still in your games.
how can it be fixed if you don't even try to tell them where it was he was doing it? how about going into an empty server and opening the console with the tilde key(~) and typing showdebug. then hit enter and the tilde key again. then take a screenshot of where he was doing it and what he was shooting through? then they can fix it. if you don't, it will be there till the next game comes out. no one has reported anything like this, afaik.

p.s. where could you do this in RO-OST?

Upvote 0
If I knew what the bug was, yes I'd send it in. Now we have players bragging about exploiting it since RO1. You would think word had gotten back to the devs by now. Plus, this guy seemed to know alot about what was going on with the devs and pretty much said TW has known about it for a really long time and haven't done a thing to fix it. Makes you think it's an engine exploit they can't fix so they stay silent like they usually do.

I'm sure this guy isn't the only player to know about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pretty much a completely different engine than the one used in RO1. So its highly unlikely to be a "carry over" bug. Sounds like a troll post to me. But at least you're making the effort to report a possible bug.

Spawn killing can be a problem on Iwo Jima. (Though technically its not the spawn per se but the spawn exit.) Map flaw.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You also have to remember that shooting through _SOME_ objects is not a bug, its a designed feature. For example standing behind a thin wood wall or one of those thin metal sheets many of the maps have is not a good idea since bullets will go through those.

That was actually not in RO, however, since bullet penetration was introduced with RO2.

Upvote 0
You also have to remember that shooting through _SOME_ objects is not a bug, its a designed feature. For example standing behind a thin wood wall or one of those thin metal sheets many of the maps have is not a good idea since bullets will go through those.

That was actually not in RO, however, since bullet penetration was introduced with RO2.
and there's nothing on Iwo Jima that isn't cement. :eek:

Upvote 0
Never heard or seen anything like this at all, in game, anyone talking about it, or in the bug section. This also includes the first game ROOST.

Also, its highly unlikely that it is a carry over bug from RO1 since the new game is on a different engine.

If the OP actually experiences this, try to get details.

Otherwise I would say the guy on the mg was either having a really good day, BS'ing the other players, or perhaps a hack?

Upvote 0