• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO used to be a game for men.

What is bugging me is that TW had a chance to change the FPS market all together! If they kept the Realism mode more like RO1 but still had the "Relaxed" new people would come in for the "Relaxed" then eventually stagger to Realism, they would say "Holy s**t, I have not lived a day of my gaming life until now" or something along those lines. Then they would tell people, show people, they would want something different. Something only TW could produce all others would not understand and their copies would be half-assed. As I see it TW had a chance to change the market, but they screwed that up somewhere.

Upvote 0
Maps will hopefully change this: look at the pace on Red October Factory and, to a lesser extent, Fallen Fighters. Not only the size of the map, but the length of time-limit, whether it uses lock-down and the load outs allowed will all have a huge effect on the game's pace.

And don't play on the meat-grinder that is anything above a 40 player server.

Upvote 0
Since when are 16 year-olds "senile old people"? Because the majority of this forum is made up of 16-25 year old people.

Have you even read the OP? OP doesn't represent the majority of this forum by default. He could, but there is nothing to suggest that he is so I'm not sure where you made the conclusion that my reply to OP is somehow made at the entire 16 ~ 25 years old people in this forum.

OP said this game was too fast paced for "men". I found it strange that this game was considered to be too fast paced for men since it's actually one of more slower paced shooters out in the market. Hence my "senile old people" poke at it.

Upvote 0
What is bugging me is that TW had a chance to change the FPS market all together! If they kept the Realism mode more like RO1 but still had the "Relaxed" new people would come in for the "Relaxed" then eventually stagger to Realism, they would say "Holy s**t, I have not lived a day of my gaming life until now" or something along those lines. Then they would tell people, show people, they would want something different. Something only TW could produce all others would not understand and their copies would be half-assed. As I see it TW had a chance to change the market, but they screwed that up somewhere.

Exactly right. It is early enough in the game that this may get through to TW and bring them around.

Upvote 0
Most part I agree with OP is communication failure, I never played ostfront but I play tactical FPS where communication is vital. In RO2 I dunno where am I, who is beside me, where is my SL, where are my team mates, wth is going on and that's frustrating. It's suppose to be tactical shooter but it's just a sad hybrid between that and new hyper/uber/mega/killamallandreturnalive shooter.

Upvote 0