• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO score system?

Pzt_Wruff said:
Remember it's often beneficial to NOT destroy the enemy infantry vehicles. That way the enemy doesn't get them back at their spawn so soon and enemy infantry is left without a ride when they spawn. Poor bastards are forced to walk. heheh
Don't do the enemy any favors by blowing up their empty vehicles.
Destroying enemy vehicles is often doing a real disservice to your own team and rightly isn't worth any points.

I always park my vehicle where it's sure to get destroyed so that my comrades at team spawn will have some wheels asap.
Well, that theory completely depends on the situation. First off, do tanks not count against reinforcements? More importantly, many times it could be a situation where the tanker is still alive and will possibly jump back in the tank and start taking out your squad. In this case I think the best thing to do is destroy the tank. For these 2 reasons alone it should be worth a point. Also, this is supposed to simulate a war and destroying an enemy tank is definitely a good thing. PERIOD. If the tanks do not count against reinforcements, they should. I can't remember all the great WWII stories about leaving enemy tanks alone because they will get one back at respawn!:p Another thing is that the Halftrack/BA can be driven to obj. where the infantry may jump out to cap(avoiding mass death from AP) and jump back in to head towards the next obj. Destroying these vehicles can be very beneficial to your squad.

Anyway, I have definitely done exactly what you are talking about after killing a tanker who jumped out. In these cases I knew there was a guy respawning without a ride. That doesn't change the fact that it should be worth a point, imo.

Upvote 0
BoltActionJackson said:
Well, that theory completely depends on the situation. First off, do tanks not count against reinforcements? More importantly, many times it could be a situation where the tanker is still alive and will possibly jump back in the tank and start taking out your squad. In this case I think the best thing to do is destroy the tank.

Hi Jackson.
Yeah. I was talking specificly about INFANTRY VEHICLES.
It's always good to kill all enemy TANKS. Infantry veh's are another story completely though. ;)

Pzt_Wruff said:
Remember it's often beneficial to NOT destroy the enemy infantry vehicles.

Upvote 0