• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 3

Heck, I know I'm not going to mess with my files, I'll mess something up.

That said, it is a shame this map isn't getting played more often, as it is one of; if not the most promising custom map to come out in a looooong time. People need to start putting this baby on the servers if we want it to get finished.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That said, it is a shame this map isn't getting played more often, as it is one of; if not the most promising custom map to come out in a looooong time. People need to start putting this baby on the servers if we want it to get finished.

I agree. We really need some Berlin-servers running Kriegstadt and Pariserplatz ...I just love these two maps!

Upvote 0
This is a great beta, it's a shame that the release went a bit awry. Had a lot of fun playing a short while ago, our defence of the Apartments was great, and it was very intense when I was trapped alone in the upper floors of the Kaschade Offices, trying to stay alive and take out enemy tanks/infantry at the same time.

This map, while not the only reason, is the biggest reason I return to RO.

Upvote 0
Just played the first 40+ player round. The russian side was RETARDED, but we still managed to get to the hotel. The tanks would move forward when they had to stay back and stay back when they had to move forward, smgs would snipe at targets 150 yards away and marksmanship was crappy across the board. It's good to know that numbers still count for something.

Reactions: Speirs
Upvote 0
In what manner?

I got a mismatch earlier when connecting to the LKGO server, wherein it pushed the older Beta 2 uniform textures on me. If you have the textures in your texture folder and not your cache, these mismatches will occur -- if it is in your cache and your cache alone then the game will overwrite the file.

That is the only case wherein you will experience mismatches, with the Beta 2 EH-M43_Tex which is used in Pariser Platz.

Upvote 0
I dunno if people used content that was not publically available in the mutator of you or the beta1 or 2 versions of kriegstadt. But if any texture from beta2 was reused then it was bound to have mismatch errors. Heck even from players that played on server beta2 and then went to a server with beta3. You say everybody should simply update their game, most will simply thing the map is broken and if enough complains come their admins will remove the map from rotation.

Sure its not nice, but the mismatch protection is there from not having to re down load every file when joining a server just thing of the 22 arad versions if people could without mismatch errors they would all be simply called Arad.

Unless your map cannot or is not supposed to be obtained by actually downloading it off a redirect for the majority of the people and if people will be able to play old versions or other stuff using old versions. Then simply filenames must be changed.

Some of the most used public redirects, doesn't allow any overwriting of files either. So then those updated files even when correctly on the server won't be send out to the end users causing a server to completely drop out dead because people will be forced to download those files with the speed of the server (10kB/s per player by default).

The majority of the people doesn't understand mismatch errors.

Really i'm not trying to just mouth of crap i'm trying to give advice in things to help you, i personally do not get any benefit in saying it, all i do in here is pretty much going through the support sections. If there is a possible issue one thing i know for sure people will run into it like a bunch of sheep.

(beside that in the server readme, the line ServerPackages=EH-M43Uniforms can probably be removed from the server safely without ghosting issues appearing, later this week ill be updating my server with some stuff and test that out too if you need it)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just played the first 40+ player round. The russian side was RETARDED, but we still managed to get to the hotel. The tanks would move forward when they had to stay back and stay back when they had to move forward, smgs would snipe at targets 150 yards away and marksmanship was crappy across the board. It's good to know that numbers still count for something.

Oh yes, I was playing russian in that game too and we just kept running into a wall of fire at the first point because our tanks didn't cut off the enemy reinforcements - we lost that game in the first 10 min.

Upvote 0
I noticed when playing that all the Russians had white-ish headwear.
whithats.jpg

At first I thought this might be part of the new uniform since I've seen pictures with chalky-green helmets, but when I saw it on the ushanka as well I guessed this must be some sort of glitch I'm seeing. :confused:

Upvote 0
That is the case.
The LKGO server makes use of the Beta 2 textures. For Beta 3 the Russian uniforms are a darker green, and the German camouflage a lighter brown than the Beta 2 orange-brown. The old texture file is in the range of 6.6MB whereas the latest is in the range of 10MB.

With Beta 4 everything is renamed and if people are still having issues or server admins still can't get things straight, then they can go to hell.

Depending on how things go Beta 4 may be released some time next week. I put heavy, heavy emphasis on may as I do not want to miss critical errors for the sake of getting things out "on time."

Anyway, technical issues aside, please let me know about gameplay or balancing issues so I can work on them for Beta 4. Current Beta 3 -> Beta 4 changelog is looking as follows:
  • Reduced armor on the T-34/85 to negate the advantage of angling.
  • Placed blocking volumes within windows along the Flemingstra

Upvote 0
Another small, general request about PAKs and their surroundings: if possible and if it does not interfere with their rotation and aim, could they perhaps have sandbags/camouflage/sleepers, etc. and maybe with spent shells and ammo cases around them?

It always looks so odd and unreal to see a PAK with no ammo, standing solitary and exposed in the middle of a street or open area.

Upvote 0
hm, considered overwriting GetPenetrationProbability for the T34? that way you could keep the correct front armor and its also only some constants to change. Just a suggestion there...

At a 110mm value for stock armor, I think it more logical to simply reduce the value.

Another small, general request about PAKs and their surroundings: if possible and if it does not interfere with their rotation and aim, could they perhaps have sandbags/camouflage/sleepers, etc. and maybe with spent shells and ammo cases around them?

It always looks so odd and unreal to see a PAK with no ammo, standing solitary and exposed in the middle of a street or open area.

The PaK Guns spawn randomly, ammunition cases do not. So, one would be left with ammo cases in the middle of nowhere with nothing in them.

Upvote 0