• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm the expansion for Red Orchestra 2 is now having a Free Weekend - and 75%

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Rising Storm is available to play for free (with full unlocks for RO 2 owners) until Sunday at 1 PM PDT. The game is also 75% off during this time period!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234510/

After the free weekend ends RO 2 only owners will not have access to the Rising Storm roles and unlocks again (but their progression should remain) until they purchase it!

Happy gaming this weekend and see you on the battlefield!

If you missed it, don't forget to check out the Rising Storm GOTY Update Trailer: Rising Storm - Game of the Year Edition Trailer - YouTube

PSA: AFTER THIS FREE WEEKEND, THE RO2 LOYALTY DISCOUNT FOR RISING STORM WILL NOT BE RETURNING.
    ADDENDUM: You really want to have Rising Storm for some other things we are working towards. Lets just say there are some factions in Rising Storm and factions in Red Orchestra 2 that haven't met in battle yet.

PSA: AFTER THIS FREE WEEKEND, THE RO2 LOYALTY DISCOUNT FOR RISING STORM WILL NOT BE RETURNING.
    ADDENDUM: You really want to have Rising Storm for some other things we are working towards. Lets just say there are some factions in Rising Storm and factions in Red Orchestra 2 that haven't met in battle yet.

Upvote 0
    LOL, i have 2 maps in there. i watch it that much per-day. :D

I hope it will be at least 4 in the next trailer! :p

Edit:

Yoshiro said:

Interestingting! Little more info about that and I will gift you my 3 Spartanovka Steamcards.... Huh? :D

Regards Culti

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    ...Manchuria?

Or the Battle at Khalkhin-Gol. Either way, it would make the game so unique, cute and fuzzy.

EDIT: though I realise that probably it'll be the US vs. Germany, since both the Soviet-Japanese conflicts would require more content — the Soviet uniforms were different in both cases from what we have now, plus Khalkhin-Gol would be nothing without early Soviet tanks (primarily, the BT series) — it's the first Soviet Blitzkrieg, after all.

EDIT2: but I also realise that it could bring the Lake Khasan incident with the early Soviets in the typical RS environment.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    So I see which side of the poll you're on. That's fine - RO2RS would surely benefit from extra content, especially on the weapon and vehicle side. I just hope gameplay changes will be introduced as well.

America x Germany + Russia x Japan maps, yeeeeey.
    Will they swear at each other with the right swears, or will the files just be deleted for those maps?

Upvote 0

One word!..........WOW!

Upvote 0

Whoooooot?!! Im dreaming of heavy fighting in the Ardennes, Battle of the Bulge. PlsSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Upvote 0

I bet there will be Western front maps :rolleyes:. Love your work Tripwire.

Does that mean you are going to introduce American and Japanese tanks? Shouldn't these new front maps include new weapons? :)

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    So, ANZAC and Polish then :p
    Sadly, no.
    Maybe for a second expansion. Maybe. But it's good that they'll introduce "crossfighting", makes for a lot of opportunities for mappers as well.

QUESTION
    A lot of sides now have mechanics that work and are balanced because they fight the other, prepared side. Things like flamethrowers, grenade launchers, banzais and vehicles - again, will these be just cut off, or will they be replaced by other things?

Upvote 0
    psa: After this free weekend, the ro2 loyalty discount for rising storm will not be returning.
    addendum: You really want to have rising storm for some other things we are working towards. Lets just say there are some factions in rising storm and factions in red orchestra 2 that haven't met in battle yet.

Oh my :IS2:

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I bet there will be Western front maps :rolleyes:. Love your work Tripwire.

Does that mean you are going to introduce American and Japanese tanks? Shouldn't these new front maps include new weapons? :)

Hopefully if they expand the timeline they go all out and do the small, but important things, like remodeling the MKB42 into the STG44 as well as the large things such as maps and weapons that are actually new.

Upvote 0