• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm Patch Changelog

OMG WHAT!?

Foliage can no longer be completely disabled

Are you kidding?
So you are telling us that you will have to lay down in the grass with a zero visibility around you, and the MG can see you from 100m because grass is drawing on 30m...

- Happy flanking on Bridges of Druzhina, and lots of other.

FAIL,.

Well, at least it's fair for everyone now

Upvote 0
It's more fair than people being able to turn it off and lie down in it vs people who haven't

Then, everyone could just move the foliage slider to the min/off.
Now, next time you find yourself lying in the grass with a view of 2m around you, just have in mind that you are just
_sp-noj-pesak.jpg

to any enemy player on the higher ground in the distance.

Upvote 0
Geeze tripwire have you not seen all of the complaints about the combat zone warning that forces us to run only to be shot if we happen to be the last man standing in an objective? Please take that out or at least don't punish the player if they are in a combat zone BEFORE the enemy capped it.

Upvote 0
Geeze tripwire have you not seen all of the complaints about the combat zone warning that forces us to run only to be shot if we happen to be the last man standing in an objective? Please take that out or at least don't punish the player if they are in a combat zone BEFORE the enemy capped it.

Oh and this, hope they get rid this stupid "feature" in favor of a better spawn protection system.

Upvote 0
...and how disabling it is any fairer? As long as it's set the same way for everyone I don't get why the commotion.

Its not same way for everyone, let's say you are LMG on top of the building 150m away, and I'm lying in the grass. My vision is obstructed by grass, and you can see me without problem because the grass will not load for you (for now LOD is poor, about 20-30 m...).

On the other hand if we can just disable grass we are in the same position... it is more fair to me.

Or they can increase LOD for foliage but that's performance killer...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On the other hand if we can just disable grass we are in the same position... it is more fair to me.

No. It's an advantage since you have a clearer line of sight than a person playing the game the way it's meant to be played.

If they didn't want you to see the grass they wouldn't have put it in the game in the first place.

Upvote 0