• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Rising Storm Mortar Ranges Cheatsheet

The fact is, even if it was 'fixed' it's never going to be 100% accurate unless the map is completely flat. If you are shooting where there is an increase in elevation, mortars will fall shorter. If you are shooting where there is a decrease in elevation, mortars will go further. The best way is to learn how it behaves, learn how to compensate, and learn how to walk your mortars in, by shooting the first mortar as best as you can and then adjusting range based on where it falls. This is more or less what you'd have to do IRL. It's never really been a problem for me. The opposite team always hates me, because I get 200m+ mortar kills, essentially blind firing, on maps that allow me to. Snipers can't even get me because I have enough cover between me and the enemy that, even spotting me, is impossible.

Upvote 0
The ranges have been corrected for the upcoming patch. Bear in mind however that the exact position of impact will still vary slightly (up to around 2 or 3 metres in any direction) due to the projectile's inherent inaccuracy. Additionally, remember that changing your view pitch while using the mortar will change the launch angle of the projectile and therefore its trajectory, which will also impact the effective range.

So in short, you still won't necessarily be hitting exactly where you intend, but the margin of error should now only be up to about 5m, rather than a guaranteed 20-30m.

Upvote 0
The ranges have been corrected for the upcoming patch. Bear in mind however that the exact position of impact will still vary slightly (up to around 2 or 3 metres in any direction) due to the projectile's inherent inaccuracy. Additionally, remember that changing your view pitch while using the mortar will change the launch angle of the projectile and therefore its trajectory, which will also impact the effective range.

So in short, you still won't necessarily be hitting exactly where you intend, but the margin of error should now only be up to about 5m, rather than a guaranteed 20-30m.
Lovely!

Upvote 0