• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm Invitation Beta is live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one key to giveaway to some true Red Orchestra fan. A friend grabbed one for me on FPSgeneral but I was lucky too!

Send me a private message with your Steam profile link, and I will give it to the one with the most hours on the game(s). 45 minutes to go from now.

this is a good indication where the keys distributed in such way ends

hi friend got two and he also another one......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Upvote 0
The reaction among many of your dedicated fans is frustration and annoyance, I'm afraid. I hope this doesn't dampen enthusiasm for RS.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

The reaction among our most dedicated fans who have been helping us test for months is great.

The reaction of fans who really really want a key, is that they really really want a key, and some do not understand the testing process.

Upvote 0
Once again, that would have resulted in too many bodies for this phase of testing. It would have been counter productive and less useful to us.

The vast majority of keys went to our friends and family beta testers who have been with us for years. We ask those who provide us with detailed bug reports and constructive feedback in our forums to join it when we find we need more.

For the remaining keys we had allocated to this phase we wanted a mixture of both older and newer players (so we could watch how both crowds reacted). The most fair way to gather this was via random key handouts. And the vast majority of those random handouts were targeted at locations with RO 2 owners (our forums and at the Official Game Group).

But what about group A, B, C or D? with 10s or 100s of thousands of people? Why didn't they get keys? Because they are groups with 10s and 100s of thousands of people. This test is strictly limited so we can make it as much of a controlled environment as possible.

The most fair

I got one key to giveaway to some true Red Orchestra fan. A friend grabbed one for me on FPSgeneral but I was lucky too!

Send me a private message with your Steam profile link, and I will give it to the one with the most hours on the game(s). 45 minutes to go from now.

Upvote 0
The reaction among many of your dedicated fans is frustration and annoyance

Not the ones in the beta :p, seriously Yoshiro is right, like I hear everyone crying because it's just a demo and it's a marketing ploy bla bla bla but when you play it you can obviously see it's not or they would be very retarded to use it as a demo.

There are issues and bugs and such like balance issues, it's an actual beta stop treating it like Tripwire won't let you play their game because they hate you. If you get a key alright awesome, but if you don't just wait. Also I'd say your not really a dedicated fan if your only reason to get into the beta is to play it.

Upvote 0
Not the ones in the beta :p, seriously Yoshiro is right, like I hear everyone crying because it's just a demo and it's a marketing ploy bla bla bla but when you play it you can obviously see it's not or they would be very retarded to use it as a demo.

There are issues and bugs and such like balance issues, it's an actual beta stop treating it like Tripwire won't let you play their game because they hate you. If you get a key alright awesome, but if you don't just wait. Also I'd say your not really a dedicated fan if your only reason to get into the beta is to play it.

Thanks for rubbing it in...very mature.

I've beta tested stuff before. I know what's involved with bugs and balance issues. I volunteered for the RS beta testing. I'm sure getting some random person from the internet is going to result in much more productive testing than having someone who wants to see the game succeed.

Fafnir_6

Upvote 0
I'm sharing my one and only extra key here on the forums (so some fan gets it) and you guys cry about it. Seriously! :rolleyes:
You could have written me a P.M. - only 2 people did - but you rather moan...

PM sent...I think...It didn't show in my sent items. I didn't mean to rag on you specifically, just the Beta key distribution scheme in general.

Apologies,

Fafnir_6

Upvote 0
I am pretty upset with how they have handled this entire situation...and in no way am I alone in this...

700 people (you know who you all are) play RO2 on a regular basis... sometimes double that on weekends....

IF this was a INVITATION BETA... Shouldn't we have been invited then??? and not made to grovel and Chinese firedrill over a few keys?

Wouldn't you want people with the most experience with your game, and most forgiving eye when it comes to certain types of bugs, the first hands on experience in a public beta...

You know those people who stuck by you last time there was a release, and still play today... not the 90% who abandoned RO2 in the first few weeks never to fire it up again...

The first crack at a public Beta should have been all of us with In B4 Reset...

Then RO2 Players who still play but do not have that 'achievement'

Not some gaming mags... and the population with zero RO experience, loyalty or interest...

This is a colossal error by Tripwire, and slap to the face to this community who has given this company loyalty, and love.

What did we do to deserve for you to treat us in such a way Tripwire??

Go look at the comments here and on Steam... This is a terrible mistake.

You F'd up TripWire....

Upvote 0
That is more up to how the sites that helped us distribute keys do so. Many are account based and some people have multiple accounts. But they are a very small group.

You know what else is a very small group???

The people that play RO2 on a regular basis...and have since day one.

I would love to see this group you know about of 10,000... or even better 100,000...

I thought it was hard getting into the 2fjg 64 man server with 600 people online... egads if there were 60,000.....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.