• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Restrepo

But it's hard to see these movies because they are not really distributed everywhere or when they are, it's very short moment and if you don't get them then...well that's it.

It is now available and places like amazon.com will also be distributing it soon:

Some comments, having watches the first half:

The opening minutes where the Humvee is hit while the camera is filming inside, is outstanding.
It was interesting to see the range at which engagements take place, and the weapons used, such as grenade launchers, A-10 airstrikes. I found it hard to believe the assault rifles had any accuracy at some of the distances.
The whole outpost scenario reminds of footage of similar U.S. outposts in Vietnam.
Red-dyed beards of the Afghan village elders is something to behold :)
Sebastian Junger has also written a book documenting the film - called "War".

Last edited:
Reactions: fiftyone
Upvote 0
I've seen Armadillo now.

A stunning piece of art, that's all I can say.
100% real footage and story, one engagement actually ended in an enquiry (which is still going) due to possible infractions of the ROE.

I've just watched it as well. In fact, I have watched both Restrepo and Armadillo and they are both great. But Armadillo is much, much better. By a huge margin, really. Respect to the Danes, true warriors. The filming and sound is amazing. Very impressive when they showed the guy who got hit in the arm, you can see the fear, confusion and rush of adrenaline in his eyes.

Those MP complaints about ROE violations were BS by the way, in a firefight it makes sense to shoot to kill.

Will definitely watch it a second time.

Upvote 0
I've just watched it as well. In fact, I have watched both Restrepo and Armadillo and they are both great. But Armadillo is much, much better. By a huge margin, really. Respect to the Danes, true warriors. The filming and sound is amazing. Very impressive when they showed the guy who got hit in the arm, you can see the fear, confusion and rush of adrenaline in his eyes.

Those MP complaints about ROE violations were BS by the way, in a firefight it makes sense to shoot to kill.

Will definitely watch it a second time.
Yup, seen both as well and I also think that Armadillo is way better.
Also, given the circumstances of only hearing the debriefing makes the "complaints" of the MP not bs, which also was realized by the soldiers themselves. But that's because they were still high on adrenaline and used extreme words to describe an extreme situation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The way they described what happened during debriefing would surely raise some questions.
However, when looking at the combat situation as it happened, i didnt get a feeling of 'what, they shouldnt have done that!'
If it was confirmed that there were several enemies inside that ditch, i would surely shoot a clip into them as well, for all you know one of them is still alive and hides under a dead body to shoot a soldier in the back.
You can't be too careful with those people.

Upvote 0
I watched the scene again and they didn't do anything wrong. Not during the battle and not during the debriefing.

So they yelled "****ing pigs", who cares. And they killed the enemy after wounding them. What does it matter, it's only Taliban. Nothing of value lost. They were just happy of their victory and were still high on adrenaline as you said. I can kinda understand that they'd ask questions but it's silly to blow things out of proportion.

Upvote 0