• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resesitate mare!!

Mare

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 17, 2010
Hello everyone, as most of you know marenostrum is now largly unplayed for reasons im not aware of. ppl tell me that its buggy but i play it and i dont see theses glitches.

I personaly love the game its on a front that is rarely portrayed even acuratly weapons and tanks that are different and its levels are much better than that of dh.

I remember whene the severs where full and active and i had a blast.

Well bottom line I would like to assemble a date and time some players to get together and play this game to "prime the pump" so to speak.

If this ends up geting big as i hope id love to make a mare comunity out of this!!

Reactions: dogbadger
I don't know where you are from, but if you are based in europe or don't mind a high ping when playing on a german server, you should head for PzDF's MN Fightnights every saturday.

mnpzdf.jpg

Reactions: LATTEH
Upvote 0
It is a shame that MN is on serious life support which is failing as well. I never really got to play it that much cos it was practically dead already when i bought RO. Same goes for the CC. I would still say that DH is better than MN. If you just play the right maps and not the wannabe-ss-and-pvt-ryan-and-BoB-fanboy-maps...

Upvote 0
I think a good part of it for MN (and CC) is that there are people that would want to play it, but don't want to sit in a server to seed it (or play with just a couple of other players). So, they figure they have an hour or so to play, load up MN and check the servers. They find a couple of lightly occupied servers, and think... do I wait in one of these servers and hope others come in to play and fill it up, or do I just load up another game where at least I know the servers are more full? Most, including me at this point, go for the later option. Its just a sympton of a lower player base which ends up making it worse for itself.

Its a shame because I like the earlier war weapons in MN and CC compared to DH (which is very good in its own right). I think this philosophy also applies to some of the more custom map RO servers. There are tons of great custom maps that don't get played because players gravitate to the servers with the most players. Sure they have good maps, but for me at this point, those same maps are so overplayed, over and over, and over and over... I need a major break from them.

Also, aren't most of the fight nights during the week and on European time? Here in the USA, I work and just can't make them. I'm sure there are a few other people here in the western hemisphere who would play them if the timing is right. It would be nice if those days were switched to a weekend.

Upvote 0
I joined the Fight Night today and there were about 30 players max, last time I played there was about 40 max. I created a constant reminder group to keep people aware of the event. I had completely forgot about fight night, and only became aware of it until I was playing when the event flashed on my screen.

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MNFNRG[/URL]

Good idea for the reminder event!

Upvote 0
MN is awesome. DH is good, but only for the British tanks. :D

I love the JR server, though.

I find DH's infantry combat top knotch. Tankers just sit back like sissies and shell (with DH's more potent HE) hapless infantry. Maybe that's why I'm such a good PaK Soldat? Bringing unadulterated pain and justice to treadheads with some Panzershreck loving is definitely my strong suit.

However, MN does have much more polished weaponry.

Reactions: Psycho_Sam
Upvote 0
Well I try to play Mn once a week, but after last night it may be less, apart from one map all were RO conversions.
If I wanted to play barashka I would load up RO, another was a big tank map looked like debrecen? With the british having tanks that go 14mph and 2 pounder guns it took the whole map time to engage the enemy:(

I always thought MN had some good original maps, but if they are not played then whats the point in playing it and not RO.

In a mod thats doing well and has a few servers full then a server running conversions and odd custom maps is doable.
With MN only having one server at a time with people on ,sticking to its core maps or the best custom ones would be better.
I invited a couple of friends to join last night to see MN and they were impressed by some of the graphics/features but left after the RO maps came up.
With nothing new being worked on ,and no thought to MN2 when ROHOS comes out, I cant see it lasting long.
Its a shame as a lot of work went into it, and should be passed on.

Upvote 0
While I like the conversions (to an extent) I would much rather play the other maps, stock or custom. With MN, it doesn't matter if it is infantry, tanks or combined arms for me. I don't even care if the tanking isn't as realistic as DH, there is just something about those older (and less cliche) tanks that is way more interesting to play.

I will say one thing, My God! That El Alamein map was freakin' huge! :eek:

Upvote 0
The mods seemed more popular when they were hosted off of Red Orchestra servers. I still have a DH-Brecourt from a Red Orchestra server with all the mutators, textures, etc.

I wish I could load into Darkest Hour, Mare Nostrum, even Carpathian Crosses (loved that mod) from Red Orchestra itself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0