• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Released] The Stig - playable online character

Setup?

Setup?

Had trouble getting this installed correctly on the server. Could someone point me towards a guide?

I installed using dir structure from the download; hosted a few of the larger files on fast dl server, users could download and see skin just fine. Problem was selection was messed up.

If a player joined the server and did not change their skin before joining the game, they would be Stig regardless of original skin. If player joined server and selected a skin, they would change to that skin as normal (including being Lewis if you picked Lewis).

What did I do wrong here?

Upvote 0
Had trouble getting this installed correctly on the server. Could someone point me towards a guide?

I installed using dir structure from the download; hosted a few of the larger files on fast dl server, users could download and see skin just fine. Problem was selection was messed up.

If a player joined the server and did not change their skin before joining the game, they would be Stig regardless of original skin. If player joined server and selected a skin, they would change to that skin as normal (including being Lewis if you picked Lewis).

Sorry for the late reply el Bear only just seen this.

Hmm, sounds tricky, do you have any other mods running on your server? the server packages shouldn't be an issue because once the mut is selected, they are added to the packages automatically, so I can't think of any other cause?

Upvote 0

Having the exact same problem here. I run 2 servers, no other mods going.

edit - I do server ads running and Brute installed but not enabled

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply el Bear only just seen this.

Hmm, sounds tricky, do you have any other mods running on your server? the server packages shouldn't be an issue because once the mut is selected, they are added to the packages automatically, so I can't think of any other cause?

I have my server in the sig. You could try joining for yourself to see it. I've installed it correctly just like anything else. I did check my client logs and appears there may be some errors that are odd that might ring a bell for ya.

Upvote 0
Cool i would download it but i dont think my video card :( so looks great and continue your work you have done nice mods and they should let your skin be picked if they ever did a marathon with top gear i hope they let this character be unlocked through achievements and the KFVM maps anyways good job and keep up the good work! :)

Upvote 0
On my server I have had the same problem with the Stig. Everyone becomes the Stig unless they choose a different character. I have tried to find a workaround, and I thought I had one today finally but that is still not the situation.

When is the next time that whitelisting will be open? It's been a long time since v2 was designed it appears, but it's still not whitelisted. Also is there any chance that it could be uploaded so that we can use it in the meantime for non-whitelisted servers?

Thanks!

Upvote 0