• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Release Date

of course 4 years ago Steam wasnt what it is now, as in how popular it is and how many people it reaches now. like the steam release back then was a little more exclusive than the releases to stores.

This is something to consider as well.

When RO was released, I remember it was actually one of the bigger non-Valve titles for sale on Steam at the time.

Now that Steam is much more popular, it will likely get more exposure.

As for the release date, I am assuming it will be sometime in 2011.

2010? I doubt it, considering they just showed an Alpha game a few months back. Maybe they can finish it in 2010, but as with many games, it might get pushed back further.

Which is why I think 2011 would be very likely.

Guess it is more time to play RO OST - remember, HoS could be worse for all we know. Enjoy OST while there are still players! :D

Upvote 0
one thing i can say for certainty.....it won't be 2011. it has to be in 2010 for the lisence last time i heard.

Who told you that, as it sounds highly unlikely if you ask me ^^. Why would epic make a license expire. Perhaps it could be something like that TWI is entitled to engine updates and support till 2010. But as far as I know it works that you are entitled to all engine updates till you release your game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i don't remember who exactly said it and what exactly they said, but i believe it had somethiing to do with that ^.

regardless, how could it win "runner up" for most anticipated game for 2010 and not be released in 2010? :p

Well even if their support would end after 2010 they could still release the game ;o after it. Like in 2020 even though it would be outdated.

Upvote 0
yes, it's true past examples have companies keeping their customers in the dark, scamming them or flat out lying to their faces as to the progress and expected release of the game. i for one would hope to never see TWI to stoop that low. i can't imagine an already contracted publisher would be left completely in the dark as to a broad date for when the game would be expected to get released.....while they may not know the specific date, the fact that they (1C) stated 2010 indicates that they were given a general time table as to when the game would be ready. if 1C, for example, had absolutely no solid evidence to support announcing a Q4 2010 release, then for the expected release date they would simply say "TBA". as those past examples have already shown, publishers don't want bad PR by posting any type of info, such as a potential release date, have it not be correct, and then look stupid as a result.

you see, there's a different between blind speculation and informed speculation. when all the various pieces are added up, they all point to a release sometime this year, 2010. that is informed speculation whereas blind speculation would be saying something like was first stated in this thread "April 2nd 2010 release" as there has been no information whatsoever that would point to that date.

regardless, nesto is correct in saying that all speculation is still speculation without concrete proof. however the point remians that by you saying that somebody else is speculating, you are also speculating that they are incorrect. :p who knows, the other guy might actually turn out to be right....i mean here we are speculating everything from April 2nd 2010, to July 2010, to 2011. any of those could end up being correct .at least it provides TW with some entertainment in the mean time :D

time will tell.

Upvote 0
i was all for the "take your time" attitude.....about two years ago. not to say that i don't want to see a polished product, but like Stevens sig in the roladder forums:

2ibzz8y.gif

that face just will not fit well with my body type :D

Upvote 0
If only TWI would have focused on the multiplayer, we might already be playing the game.

Instead they wanted a working single player. Obviously it was to get better reviews from the press and a larger fan base, but I doubt they manage to do that.

Creating a decent AI must be really hard(the ingame footage we have seen was embarrassing in terms of AI behaviour). And even if the AI was decent, HOS sp will still lack the story, characters, sp level desing and so on. It just can't compete in term of single player, so trying to make it work was a huge mistake imo.

Upvote 0
And even if the AI was decent, HOS sp will still lack the story, characters, sp level desing and so on. It just can't compete in term of single player, so trying to make it work was a huge mistake imo.
You've already seen SP footage, because it wouldn't be wise to judge a thing you know almost nothing about.;)

Upvote 0
the video we've got looked more like multiplayer footage to me.....just like ROOST with the same stupid bots to give players something to shoot at until more players joined. idc about bots being available for multiplayer, but i do hope that they've developed some good AI to put into a real single player campaign. i would also venture to say that has been what's taken production as long as it has. if they do somehow make a decent enough single player campaign....could help get some better reviews this time from the people used to the mainstream games. of course if you're going to branch into that scene, better do it RIGHT (as in what the mainstream people expect) or don't do it at all.

Upvote 0