• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation [REF] WW1 colour plates

Nice batch of photos there.

If you remeved that German desert troopers hat, his uniform very closely resembles DAK uniforms. Which makes since the DAK uniforms were patterned after the WW1 ones, seeing the Germans didn't have much desert experience. Many early DAK troops were actually issued WW1 deset equipment, such as pith helemts, which once in the desert were soon discarded.:cool:

Upvote 0
Is the guy on the far right using an early machine pistol similar to that of a Glock 18 ?

us2.jpg

glock18.jpg

But yes those WWI pics are so lovely I think TW should do the Great War as their next project.

Upvote 0
Is the guy on the far right using an early machine pistol similar to that of a Glock 18 ?

No, it's a 20 round clip for Trench Raiding. Saw limited action and was generally unpopular with shotguns being seen as a better alternative. Some .45s were also fitted with foregrips/stocks but I have no sources on whether they saw action or were just show pieces.

Yeah the Enfield and G98 came in variants with larger magazines. The Enfield was also modified to fire automatically which proved popular but had sever jamming problems. The Royal Armouries in Leeds houses one (I'll try and find the photo I took) from the original WW1 batch. As far as I remember the ANZACs converted a load to auto fire in early WW2 when it looked like the Japanese were preparing to invade, but they were all lost in a warehouse fire. Bas might know more about it, it being his neck of the woods and all :p

Upvote 0
Definately a very diverse war but by no means was it only the trench stalemate everyone makes it out to be. Hell, the first British/German class was on horse back with sabers and lances :p The Eastern, African and Middle East were pretty interesting and could make some amazing set piece battles IMO, but to be honest I can't see it ever happening.

Saw some sneak peaks of To End All Wars last month at a games convention (I study Games Design) and it's looking pretty good but it wasn't clear from the screen shots if it was a FPS or RTS.

Upvote 0