• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reduce the number of materials needed to craft.

Jiboia_Jin

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2023
Given how slowly you get items in this game, and how often you get duplicates, it’d be nice if you needed less crafting materials to craft an item. Especially master crafted and and exceptional items. You probably go a year without gaining 10 throw away or dupes to even craft one. Maybe bump it down to 5 commons, 4 uncommon, 3 rare, 2 exceptional and 2 mastercrafted. Oh and I assume more people would buy keys if they were a bit cheaper to open chests.

Better than that : I think we should have a proper revamp of the loot/reward system entirely, although I doubt we'd get such things so late in KF2's life cycle.

I'd say, first of all, that it would be nice to have more specific recipes. Maybe you could add "perk tokens" that allow you to craft an item for your favorite perk specifically.

It would also be nice to be able to loot or at least craft keys. Looting a box always gets me mad because I know for sure I won't spend 2-3 bucks on a key that might give me something I don't care about. Overwatch had the perfect (or least worst) implementation of lootboxes IMO : you could buy more crates should you desire, you don't know what you're going to get...But at least they're free to open. If you find some skin for a character you NEVER play, it might suck but at least you didn't spend real cash for it.

I agree that 10 materials to get rare or ultra-rare items is just a bit too much... You're never going to get it on your own : you need to trade a little or be exceptionally lucky. I believe 10 materials of any kind should be able to craft items of any rarities, with various chances depending on the material you used. If you used 10 common materials, your chance to get an ultra-rare or even a rare would be extremely low. Throw in an ultra-rare in it and you'd have 40-50% chance to craft an ultra-rare as well, increasing with the amount of rarer material you use.

The vault rewards are especially annoying... I've reached that point where it takes me several playthrough to get a new "vault box", and more often than not I'll get something I already own. I cannot count the amount of duplicates I got thanks to vault boxes... I believe new items should be added, melted vosh items could be used in "regular" crafting, or simply we could bump the chances of getting items you don't already own.
===> This latter idea should be applied in general in my opinion. If you already have an item in your inventory, your chances of finding the same item should be lowered. This would exclude multiple colors, just in case you'd rather have that headband in green than red...

Upvote 0