• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Redirecting problems

Never mind the spoiler here, it was my first problem that got solved by 'Skillz' ^^
Spoiler!

Here is my current problem:
Well well, here I am again :D

Now most of the things are fine, but I still have a few problems, first of all, the biggest problem: I cant join my server. I logged in as myself and start the server while I'm offline on steam. Then I log in, start KF, search the LAN servers and there it is! But If I click join, I only get the black screen with "connecting <serverip> index.rom"
I also set a password for the game in the .ini file and it doesn't even ask for it
(I allowed map voting and set
[xVoting.DefaultMapListLoader]
bUseMapList=True
)

Here's the server's data, maybe you can make something out of it. There are some "fails" in it but I don't know if they are really necessary.
Code:
C:\KFServer\KFServer\System>ucc server KF-westlondon.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?D
ifficulty=5.0?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?AdminName=***?AdminPassword=***
-log=server.log
STEAMAUTH : SteamAPI_Init failed
Browse: KF-westlondon.rom?Name=KFPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lew
is?team=1?Sex=M?game=KFmod.KFGameType?Difficulty=5.0?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=
6?AdminName=***?ADMINPASSWORD=XXXXX
Collecting garbage
Purging garbage
Garbage: objects: 60115->60113; refs: 788079
Game class is 'KFGameType'
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 1250
STEAMAUTH : Steam auth system activation successful
Bringing Level KF-westlondon.myLevel up for play (30) appSeconds: 5.087000...
(Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
(Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
(Karma): StaticMesh (W_Blinds) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
(Karma): StaticMesh (HW_Plane) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
(Karma): StaticMesh (W_Blinds) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
SetAdminFromURL called
GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
KFLRules = KF-westlondon.KFLevelRules0
Game length = 0
UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7717 successfully bound.
Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
MasterServerUplink: MasterServerGameStats not found - stats uploading disabled.
Defaulting to false
Defaulting to false
Loading Available Maps
Loading Game Types
xWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin Initialized on port 8075
KFDoorMover KF-westlondon.KFDoorMover16 (Function KFMod.KFDoorMover.PostBeginPla
y:022E) Multiple triggers found!
KFDoorMover KF-westlondon.KFDoorMover16 (Function KFMod.KFDoorMover.PostBeginPla
Resolving tripwireinteractive.com...
AInternetLink Resolve failed: Can't find host master0.gamespy.com (WSAHOST_NOT_F
OUND)
UdpGameSpyUplink: Failed to resolve master server address, aborting.
Resolved tripwireinteractive.com (198.23.194.228)
STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - Jormungandr 0 | 6
STEAMAUTH : Connected to Steam Servers
STEAMAUTH : VAC Security Enabled
STEAMSTATS: Stats Are Now Enabled
STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - Jormungandr 0 | 6
Also if I click restart map/switch map in the WebAdmin interface I get that the values in the command line and in the ini file are different, I clear the checkbox to allow the command line to override it then I get an error (two times) that says "ThreadGetCurrentRunningRef could not be found in tier0_s.dll" Though I just dont know if its a problem, because it works, just thought I ask if its normal :D

I can't set the game length, couldn't find a command line for it.
I tried using "KFGameLength=2" (for long [10 waves]) in the killingfloor.ini but that didn't work.
Also I cant find things like "difficulty" or "length" neither in the .ini or in the WebAdmin interface

Last edited:
You have to make sure the files are on my site. If they aren't then they can't be redirected. Find the names of your custom mods/files and compare them with what's on the site. Do make a note that it's case sensitive. So FILE.u.uz2 is not the same as file.u.uz. According to the web server those are two different files.

If the files are not on the redirect server then you'll need to compress them and upload them to the site. You'll need to register on my forums, make a post and then navigate to the redirect forum to get the FTP login information.

Upvote 0
You have to make sure the files are on my site. If they aren't then they can't be redirected. Find the names of your custom mods/files and compare them with what's on the site. Do make a note that it's case sensitive. So FILE.u.uz2 is not the same as file.u.uz. According to the web server those are two different files.

If the files are not on the redirect server then you'll need to compress them and upload them to the site. You'll need to register on my forums, make a post and then navigate to the redirect forum to get the FTP login information.

Thanks for your reply, but it didn't really help :/, I already made sure your site has all the files I need.

But here:
GotIt.png

Upvote 0

Thanks for the reply but sadly, it didnt help :/
I made sure
GotIt.png

Everything is allright there

This is in my .ini:
Code:
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://www.skillzservers.com/kf-redirect/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

Its good, isn't it?
I don't understand why isn't it working
I still have to keep the mod files uncompressed in my KF folder, right?

Upvote 0
I guess its because of the attachment.
Nevermind, I'll write this just in case it would take a long time to approve.
I made sure its the same.

This is in my .ini file:
----------------
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True
-----------------

Upvote 0
I guess its because of the attachment.
Nevermind, I'll write this just in case it would take a long time to approve.
I made sure its the same.

This is in my .ini file:
----------------
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True
-----------------

Yeah the mod needs to be installed on your server. The compressed files of those mods need to be on my site for you to use my redirect.

By some chance are you using Linux to run the game server?

Upvote 0
You really should run a dedicated server. Listen servers don't work correctly.

Yeah well I would love to, but since steamcmd doesnt work for me, I'm shot...

cmd.png

Now I searched for something that could solve this. I changed proxy and internet security in Internet Explorer (though I dont use it). I wrote "87.248.210.253 media.steampowered.com" in my "drivers\etc\hosts" file. I started it as administrator. I tried it with steam running/closed. I tried it upside-down, holding hands with a hamster while drinking a bottle of bread, and eating a loaf of water.

It's really annoying to go through all this trouble and still I'm just wasting my time...

Thanks for your replies btw. It gives me a little hope that somebody who knows what to do replies to me.

Upvote 0
windows and server is never a good match. Why not install a for ex. Linux Mint Mate and use Daniels server script to get server going in a jiffy?

http://www.linuxmint.com
http://danielgibbs.co.uk/lgsm/kfserver/

It doesn't require that much power. If you have some old computer with 2GB of memory around that should do just fine for 6 player server. Well some old CPU:s don't work anymore since steam has dropped support for some architectures. Like old AMD Athlon XP series is no more supported.

You could also install it alongside with your windows and dual boot it to Linux whenever you need to play with server.

Upvote 0
Yeah well I would love to, but since steamcmd doesnt work for me, I'm shot...

View attachment 15353

Now I searched for something that could solve this. I changed proxy and internet security in Internet Explorer (though I dont use it). I wrote "87.248.210.253 media.steampowered.com" in my "drivers\etc\hosts" file. I started it as administrator. I tried it with steam running/closed. I tried it upside-down, holding hands with a hamster while drinking a bottle of bread, and eating a loaf of water.

It's really annoying to go through all this trouble and still I'm just wasting my time...

Thanks for your replies btw. It gives me a little hope that somebody who knows what to do replies to me.

Where did you download SteamCMD?

Upvote 0
windows and server is never a good match. Why not install a for ex. Linux Mint Mate and use Daniels server script to get server going in a jiffy?

http://www.linuxmint.com
http://danielgibbs.co.uk/lgsm/kfserver/

It doesn't require that much power. If you have some old computer with 2GB of memory around that should do just fine for 6 player server. Well some old CPU:s don't work anymore since steam has dropped support for some architectures. Like old AMD Athlon XP series is no more supported.

You could also install it alongside with your windows and dual boot it to Linux whenever you need to play with server.

Hey, thanks for the reply! ^^
I don't have a spare PC so I guess dual boot would be it... but I dont know if it's worth installing a seperate OS... I don't even understand why do we have to do all this **** to get some simple stuff.
Oh well, I hope KF2 will be better in these stuffs too :)

PS: I read something about a virtual driver that acts like a seperate OS, maybe if I could find something like this...

Upvote 0
If you've never used Linux before I don't recommend you doing that. However, I do encourage you on your free time to poke around and learn. It's a great platform for hosting various services.

What you are referring to is called a Virtural Machine. You'll need software that can setup these virtual machines for you to use them. There are a few of them, but I've always use VMWare back when I use to fool around with them a lot.

Others have had issues with using the downloaded SteamCMD from the Wiki. I recommend you going to the site I posted to download the official version and trying again, but make sure you remove all the changes you did in IE and your HOSTS file before doing so.

I wish I had the ability to edit that Wiki. I'd make some changes to it. :eek:

Upvote 0
Download from the official site.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD#Downloading_SteamCMD

Revert all the changes you made previously and then try with the official version.

Ooookay, well when I click the link to download for windows it takes me to a blank page, and when I "right-click -> save link as" it says "cancelled - Servererror" (translated by me, so it might not exactly say this, but you get the idea)

Well... it seems like destiny is against me ^^ Nothing wants to work for me :D
But I thank you for your help :)

Upvote 0
Ooookay, well when I click the link to download for windows it takes me to a blank page, and when I "right-click -> save link as" it says "cancelled - Servererror" (translated by me, so it might not exactly say this, but you get the idea)

Well... it seems like destiny is against me ^^ Nothing wants to work for me :D
But I thank you for your help :)

I downloaded it to my server.

http://skillzservers.com/steamcmd.zip

Make sure you edit your HOSTS file back to it's default settings.

Upvote 0
If you've never used Linux before I don't recommend you doing that. However, I do encourage you on your free time to poke around and learn. It's a great platform for hosting various services.

What you are referring to is called a Virtural Machine. You'll need software that can setup these virtual machines for you to use them. There are a few of them, but I've always use VMWare back when I use to fool around with them a lot.

Others have had issues with using the downloaded SteamCMD from the Wiki. I recommend you going to the site I posted to download the official version and trying again, but make sure you remove all the changes you did in IE and your HOSTS file before doing so.

I wish I had the ability to edit that Wiki. I'd make some changes to it. :eek:

Haha, well I'll look into them, we also had classes in school about programming Linux... Guess I should've taken them :D

Also I just noticed that the link in that wiki is "http://blog.counter-strike.net/wp-content/uploads//2012/04/steamcmd.zip" So yeah... I don't know whats more disturbing, the CS BLOG, the "Work in Progress" or that its from 2012...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I downloaded it to my server.

http://skillzservers.com/steamcmd.zip

Make sure you edit your HOSTS file back to it's default settings.

Holy mother of god... I accept you as my lord and saviour!

It definetly worked... better than the previous... I'm just not sure it worked completly, it has some errors in it, but got a lot more folders now, here:

ProgressCMD.jpg

Thanks for the upload btw! ^^ And your help ofc. :D

Upvote 0