• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Free Week On Now

OMFG my server has been full damn near 24/7 with this free trial period! I have been playing so much RO my eyes are starting to bleed! :) I did have to turn off friendly fire though, holy smokes, the team kills are out of control! Other then that, it has been so much fun, I can hardly stand it.

Thanks for the FREE trial guys. I certainly hope this gets some people to buy the damn game! I hope this is a shot in the arm the game needed. :D Going to bed now so I can rest up for another RO marathon day tomorrow.....

FG-

Upvote 0
One new RO player here.. First i waited for this to be released
and then when it was out i didnt buy it.. Too busy and other games
going on.. Now i tried it and holy mother of god! there are some bugs
yes but i like this one very much, feels like operation flashpoint in WW2..
Went out today to buy the game.. Its sssssweeeeetttt! :)

I played dod:s for quite some time but i got very bored with it,
too muchg of a run around shooter.. ive always had a thing for
WW2 and realistic war games and ive found what i want from a
game.. (yes after over 10 years of online gaming i dont let the
excitement blur my opinions i know what i want from a game :D)

Upvote 0
Different kinda people

Different kinda people

It's good to see this many new RO:OF players as there has been under this week but I think I've never been exposed to so many concurrent ignorant run and gun players either, not to speak about all rude comments when trying to helpfully point out basic things. The urge to go about TKing *** 10-yearolds have never grown so strong... ;-)

It's like getting a trainload of conscripts at the Ostfront. Cocky young bastards ;-)

Hope some will survive!

/Noob at heart

Upvote 0
is it over yet?:confused:
i think the free week was a great idea to get some new players out:D... yes some were very good, but there were more very frusterating noobs who clearly did not make use of any great training material that was available to them. i must say i enjoyed stabbing them.:Di never played americas army, but prerequesite training missions seem like a good idea before noobs are allowed to play multiplayer. or even better, a few noob only servers that run "hl lost coast" help style maps where players learn to interact with items and bots when little help bubbles pop up explaining things. :cool: *POP up* u just shot your teammate. :rolleyes:*POP up* the enemy is capping blank cap zone. :cool:*POP up* get into the cap zone. or, *POP up* laying down and crawling out of spawn is a weak play. ok i gotta admit i was miffed more than once at the lack of competance. i found that dispite the wealth of active servers there simply was no escaping the RO-Player running amuck. i am curious to know how many free week players will buy the game...it seemed that there were alot of good players by the end of the week who spoke about buying the game. IMO these free weeks seem like a potentialy good idea to attract new players. i think that as long as these new players are somehow pre-schooled everyone should be happy with the game play. if the free week was profitable for tripwire, will we see more free weeks soon?

Upvote 0
Yes, I was aggravated at the TKing that went along with the free trial but I must say that it was most enjoyable when you would get the Run n gunners emptying a full clip from a PPSH from about 50 yds and you stand there calmly with your trusty Kar and pop a cap in them while the bullets are flying everywhere but at you LOL. Hope the better players come back as see what the game is really like. Good luck all and see you on the battle fields.

Upvote 0