• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra - multiplayer exclusive ?

I would like to see that element removed from the game completely. It's useless. Just drop the guise of the 'single player campaign' (come on, what a joke) and have a practice mode that uses existing MP assets. Less disk space, less people buying the game under false impressions, and people can still learn basic gameplay offline (although learning from veteran players was always better than learning from the SP tutorials anyway).

Upvote 0
They ask anyway, so it won't make any difference. In any case, that's why I said leave practice mode in - or even make a giant red message flash onscreen the first time you ever launch the game that reads, "CHECK YOUR KEYBINDINGS BEFORE YOU PLAY, IT SHOULD BE THE FIRST THING YOU DO WHEN YOU GET A NEW GAME ANYWAY".
when did that stop being the first thing a guy did, before he tried to play a game? how lazy have we become? :confused:

Upvote 0
They ask anyway, so it won't make any difference. In any case, that's why I said leave practice mode in - or even make a giant red message flash onscreen the first time you ever launch the game that reads, "CHECK YOUR KEYBINDINGS BEFORE YOU PLAY, IT SHOULD BE THE FIRST THING YOU DO WHEN YOU GET A NEW GAME ANYWAY".
I already can see the question "where do I check my keys?" popping up :p

Upvote 0
If the game still working after removing the SP files, I think the way to delete them is:

Game properties in steam: DISABLE AUTO UPDATE
Stop steam
Delete the SP files
Launch Steam and Game

this way it will not redownload files when you launch steam.

But the problem is when there is an update to the game, you will have to download the SP again, and the do it again from step one.

If you don't care of downloading giga of file if it makes problems (i didn't test), try it :D and let us know but I think it may work (but of course, SP will crash the game).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why not make instead of the singleplayer campaign multiplayer tutorial maps with the training courses from the campaign that way you'll make use of the singleplayer maps.

WHAT!? :eek:

Singleplayer Multiplayer Campaing Tutorial Maps!? Which is it?

EDIT: Still failing to understand, I almost think I did, but I am unsure, express your self better please

EDIT 2: So? Instead of SP campaign, MP maps... so we can make use of those, simple SP maps? So people learn to play the game? Why ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can delete without any consequences folder "SinglePlayer". Remember to disable auto update for HoS. I created backup for myself, now that useless SP is only about 0,8 gb instead of 4 gb :D
Also be careful with movies, its not recommended to delete some files from folder "Movies".

Upvote 0
[...] [M]ake a giant red message flash onscreen the first time you ever launch the game that reads, "CHECK YOUR KEYBINDINGS BEFORE YOU PLAY, IT SHOULD BE THE FIRST THING YOU DO WHEN YOU GET A NEW GAME ANYWAY".

Have the game open up on controls the first time you run it, asking you to map your controls to your liking or check what the defaults are, with no option to cancel it unless you scroll down and a certain time period has elapsed. BAM, take that

Upvote 0