• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra mod news

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Red Orchestra mod news

Defence Alliance release date and Carpathian Crosses announced

Two great bits of news on modifications for Red Orchestra over the last few days. The first is that the Defence Alliance 2 team are releasing their Beta 1.6 version on 10th October. We have been playing this mod on our test servers and it is set for some pretty intense and fast-paced mayhem. To put it another way: it rocks! It is a free download - do NOT miss trying this one! For more information, head over to the Defence Alliance 2 site by clicking HERE.

And the second piece of news is the next new realism mod for Red Orchestra. This time the action remains on the Eastern Front, as "Carpathian Crosses" is announced and will bring the Romanians to the battlefield. This will bring in the next-largest army for the Eastern Front, along with some weaponry that people are not normally familiar with - just check out their R35 tank! The first models look superb and we are really happy to welcome this addition to the Red Orchestra family. Go check their new website for all the details by clicking HERE.

I'm only looking forward to the Carpathian Crosses mod the other 1 seems to be erm.... a bit unrealistic

Which mod? DA2 or MareNostrum?

If you're talking about DA2, it is the future.. so who's to say what would be realistic there? :p

If it's about Mare Nostrum.. i'm confused? ;p

There are also a few other mods working less-then-fully-in-the-radar that I know about ;)

Upvote 0
SOrry if this is a noobish question. Will the servers that play the mod play only the mod? Or will the mod be dependant on the map that is voted for?

The only answer was a bit vague....
What I'm asking is if a server has the mod on, will all the maps always be the mod? Or will maps that are standard now still be available on servers that make the mod available?
Is it interchangable on a server to have both MOD'ed and standard maps available to play with the appropriate weapon and troop loadouts?

Upvote 0
The only answer was a bit vague....
What I'm asking is if a server has the mod on, will all the maps always be the mod? Or will maps that are standard now still be available on servers that make the mod available?
Is it interchangable on a server to have both MOD'ed and standard maps available to play with the appropriate weapon and troop loadouts?

With Carpathian Crosses, yes, you can play a CC map and after that an RO map on the same server as long as both, you and the server have CC installed.

Upvote 0