• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Red Orchestra - 1948

Orgrim Doomhammer

Jul 22, 2013
The general idea here is to advance from the 1942-43 timeframe to a hypothetical situation (without nukes being present!) of the Axis fighting the Soviets in the summer of 1948.

The tanks are replaced by T-54's, and Tiger II's with 128mm and 124 mm guns, respectively.

It uses existing maps, just replaces the class loadout's and weapons.

For the Russian's:

Elite Assault: Ak-47 makes it debut, but not many are available.
Assault & Engineer's: Submachine gun's of the PPS, PPsh are available.
Sniper: Stuck with the motley Mosin-Nagant sniper (dragunov doesn't come until much later), engineers get a extremely powerful anti-tank grenade, RPG-6
Riflemen: SKS is the standard rifle being used, basically the SVT-40 chambered for the AK-47 round.
Squad-leader's: SKS's or Submachine guns
Tank: T-34 get's replaced by the T-54, which entered service in 1946, a more mobile version of the IS-3.
Anti-Tank: RPG-2, the first of the series leading to the RPG-7, is available. Basically a relatively long range panzerfaust.
MG: RPD (basically a BAR with 50 round magazine)
Tl: Ak-47 or SKS.

For the German's: Bolt action rifles are completely done away with at this time. Assault rifles are readily available.

Riflemen: Gewehr 43
Anti-tank: Updated panzershreck with penetrating power of the M20 bazooka.
Elite Assault: STG-44
Elite Rifle: FN-FAL (A little ahistorical, but since its a Belgian postwar weapon, its not truly that off).
Sniper: Scoped Kar98k
Engineer: MP 40 or rifle, panzerfaust
Sl's: Stuck with the motley MP 40 or the Gewehr 43
MG: MG 42
Tank: Modified Tiger II with 128 mm gun.
Tl: STG -44, FN-FAL

Last edited:
This would actually be pretty cool.

Honestly though, I think setting it somewhere in the 60's and inventing lots of interesting new guns would be awesome. Try to imagine a world in which WW2 never ended...

It would work great for Barashka or Rakowice. Not-so-much Bridges or Red October Factory where there is a lot of cover to hide in, as the AT firepower is quite extended.

Now I just need a guide for modeling guns.

Upvote 0
I'd prefer this:

Russians:

Elite Assault: Ak-47, PPSh-41
Assault & Engineer: PPS, PPSh-41 (Engi. has Satchel Charge)
Sniper: Mosin-Nagant Sniper, SVT-40 Sniper
Rifleman: SKS, SVT-40
Squad-leader: SKS, PPS, PPSh-41, SVT-40
Anti-Tank: RPG-2, RPG-6
MG: RPD, RP-46
Com: SKS, PPS, PPSh-41, SVT-40

Tank: T-54

Germans:

Rifleman: K43/G43 (G43 that uses STG magazines)
Anti-tank: Panzerfaust 250, Panzerwurfmine
Assault: STG-45, MP 40
Sniper: Kar98k Sniper, G43 Sniper
Engineer: MP 40, STG-45, Satchel Charge
Squad-leader: MP 40, STG-45, K43/G43
MG: MG 42
Com: STG -45, MP 40, STG-45, K43/G43

Tank: E-50

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So is this basically the Germans deciding to invade in 1948? If so, then some of the weapons you listed for the Soviets shouldn't be there (AK-47 for example).

I read it as being that the War has been continuing until 1948, instead of starting in '48. Kind of like a 7 year stalemate between the Germans and Soviets. That being said, this sounds like an awesome "what-if" scenario for a mod, and I would definitely play it.

In addition, I would like to imagine a scenario where a group of Wehrmacht officers have successfully assassinated Hitler in 1943, and the new military-led government has managed to negotiate a conditional surrender to the Western Allies while continuing to fight the Soviets. The full strength of Germany's fighting forces have been deployed to the Eastern front, and a revitalized Wehrmacht has managed to halt the Soviet advance and force a bloody stalemate until 1948, when this mod takes place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would take a page out of Wolfenstein's book here.

Go crazy with it. It might be 1948, but there is nothing stopping you from making the game a little more sci-fi than it should be :p

Maybe its just me but I've always wanted to play a game like that.

Why not just add the American's with the M2 carbine (Basically 30 round, fully automatic M1; Assault rifle until M16 comes along), fix the garand sights, and American's get the first effective body armor, albeit heavy (Nylon vest with Boron Carbide plates [or, your standard flak jacket that gets new ballistic plates]) that gets invented around this time? It would have single shot protection against a rifle bullet to the chest, multiple shot at the Ak-47, STG-45 caliber, and be almost impervious to SMG, shotgun fire, with improved survivability versus explosions.

If we were going to go completely nuts with it, we could give the snipers on each team infrared sights, which might actually make them useful in the era of semi-automatic rifles and assault weapons.

Then have the ability to select the team you want to play at the start of the match, so you can have American's versus Russian's on Barashka?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So is this basically the Germans deciding to invade in 1948? If so, then some of the weapons you listed for the Soviets shouldn't be there (AK-47 for example).

The russians were well ahead of their time in small-arm's development.

The planned service-rifle for all Soviet ground forces was going to be the SVT-40 until the german's invaded.

Upvote 0
Synopsis

Synopsis

As can be expected, each team, when combined with its available weapons and team perks, has a slightly different play style.

The French, with their semi-automatic rifles combined with a less powerful Type 89, along with their ability to hold caps with less players than enemies, make for excellent defensive fighters. This is offset by a fairly weak SMG and over-powered and less handy semi-automatic rifles.

The British, with their assault rifles and invisibility to radar, make for the most powerful all-around infantry force in the game. This is offset by a weaker AT capacity than the rest of the factions.

The Chinese, with much greater tickets, lower spawn times, and fast movers, are capable of expending huge numbers of lives and quickly swarming objectives. This is offset by the weakest guns in the game.

Upvote 0