• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Realy slow loading times

If you check the task manager while the splash screen is loading, you'll see ROGame.exe as Not Responding several times. This may have something to do with the long splash screen.
Windows will say that if a program is maxing out drive I/O or causing insane disk thrashing. That's what I'm seeing here; when the game hangs at the splash screen my drive is getting hammered and disk usage is maxed out.

Upvote 0
It's not a hard drive issue. I did have RO2 on my hdd but I moved it to my SSD when the May patches rolled out because that's when the splash screen took ages to load for me. It loads considerably faster on my SSD but not as fast as it should. In fact, sometimes the splash screen, on a fresh boot, will load with into game within 8 seconds or so. Mostly it's much longer, 30 seconds to a minute.

Upvote 0
There must be a solution, is your system free of malware etc????? Do you know that for sure?

Try it without your viruskiller / firewall....

Which firewall are you using?? (i ask this because comodo internet security gave me many problems too)

Verify your game in steam.

Delete the ro2 folder in my docs.

How is your resolution setting?

All drivers up to date?

I have had many problems with steam and RO2. Sometimes i thought now
i am really stuck. But untill now i have solved all problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0