• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Read about the state of the game, plans for next year, and take the survey that will help the team in 2023

Well, if you had ever made a thread in the ideas and suggestions section, it is most likely that you received an answer from @Aleflippy (thanks for all your replies, buddy :giggle:) , but it is unlikely, that you received an answer from a staff member. If you are a lucky one, you will receive a "Currently there are no plans for…" message. I read many good ideas. Sadly the devs not.

Hey, thanks to YOU ! I just have a lot of time to spare really 🙃
Dunno what I should say… I love Killing Floor but I have to agree most of the comments above me ( especially @Psyk0tik ). The best thing for the game would be an announcement for Killing Floor 3. Or at least an Remake with an newer an engine and improved weapon animations, which would fit in 2023 and not in the PreCoD4 Era

Somehow, the idea of a remake doesn't sound too far-fetched. I'm usually against them, especially for recent games, as they're rarely more than a new coat of paint. But maybe a KF2 remake would allow to make things right, to start back from a clean slate. It reminds me of the "Team Fortress 2 Classic" idea, which brought the game back to its 2008 status, along with some new ideas of their own. Call me crazy, but I believe many more games should do that.
As for a third game... We actually brainstormed a few interesting ideas a long time ago. But the more time goes by, the less I'm convinced it would actually be worthwhile. I'm afraid it might be too similar to the second game. Or the opposite: start fairly bareboned and feel like a step back. There's also the rumor that most of the talent left Tripwire in the meantime, so would a third game even match the level of detail and care that Tripwire used to have.
I still think the ideal Commando HRG would be a frost weapon based on the Killerwatt

... But why ? We already have enough frost weapons, and half of them aren't even working as intended (try to complete the "Cold Hearts" challenge with only the Frost Fang or Winterbites, I dare you). We should find a way to make new interesting weapons without the need to slap some random element to them.

(Oh and obviously, I'm fully on board with @OnionBubs and @pie1055 , just decided to stay silent on the glaring issues because I feel like a broken record at that point. Honestly, I'm fairly used and bored of it by now. At least I hope that big QOL update means a proper wrap-up before moving on to other, and hopefully better, things)

Reactions: N6 Nomad
Upvote 0
Killing Floor 2: State Of The Game 2022

kf2xmas2022polardistresscapsulemain.png
Has it already been another year? I suppose time flies when you’re having fun and while the last year certainly has not been without challenges, the team at Tripwire and Saber Interactive have had a blast bringing the community another full slate of content throughout 2022. I want to thank the development team and our external partners for their blood, sweat, and toil that’s part of everything we deliver to our fans big and small. The amazing commitment and support the community has shown for Killing Floor 2 in its 7th full year of post-launch support since early access. The community is ultimately the engine that drives us forward with everything we do.

So before we cover the path ahead, it’s first important to look back at everything we added to the game in the past year.

Today’s Killing Floor 2

Game Updates

• Spring Cleaning Patch - March 29th, 2022
  • Tidal Terror - June 14th, 2022
  • Blood & Bonfires - October 13th, 2022
  • Polar Distress - December 7th, 2022

Maps
barmwichscreen16.jpg
  • Rig
  • Barmich Town
  • Crash

rig1.png

Weapons

sentinel.png
  • Reducto Ray - (Survivalist)
  • Sentinel - (Commando)
  • G36C Assault Rifle (SWAT)
  • Blood Sickle (Berserker)
  • ZED MKIII (Demolitionist)
  • HV Storm Cannon (Sharpshooter)
  • HRG Crossboom (Demolitionist)
  • HRG Head Hunter (Sharpshooter)
  • HRG Locust (Survivalist)
  • HRG Dragon Blaze (Firebug)
  • HRG Ballistic Bouncer (Support)
  • HRG Medic Missile (Field Medic)

Weekly Modes:
  • Arsenal Ascent
  • Primary Target
  • Perk Roulette

Quality of Life Improvements:
  • Survivalist Starter Weapon and Grenade Selection UI
  • Weapon Skin Inventory Organization
  • Firebug Inferno Skill Improvements
  • Healing Buff HUD Indicators
  • Granular Mouse Input Customization
  • Cosmetics List Ordering Refinement
  • Disable Seasonal Zeds Toggle
  • HRG Beluga Beat Alt-Fire Rework

New Music
  • It’s About to Go Down by Rocky Gray
  • Cause for Alarm by Rocky Gray
  • The Spinning Spike by Rocky Gray
  • Three Creeping Things by Rocky Gray

What Lies Ahead
With the ongoing success of the past year, I’m delighted to announce Killing Floor 2 will continue to be supported for another full year with our partners at Saber Interactive for it to extend into its 8th Year of Post-Release updates. Over the last several months, the team has sat together to see all that we would like to accomplish and we’re excited to share a high-level overview of what we have in store for 2023.

The main beats will be three major updates throughout Summer, Halloween, and Christmas. The first two updates of the year will be packed with new weapons, maps, weeklies, cosmetics, customization, and quality of life updates you’ve come to expect. For Christmas, we have something a bit different in mind. Instead of the usual new content and seasonal focus, we’ll be looking to dedicate that entire update towards Quality of Life improvements, balance tunes, and fixes. As an ever-changing game with new content regularly added, we don’t always get an opportunity to take a look back and address every request you want to be improved or tweaked for what came before. It's our hope this QOL-focused update will give us the space to tackle some of the more difficult challenges and aspects we’ve had to raincheck over the years.

We love hearing from you about what we should focus on the most and we have another State of the Game community survey prepared that would help the team regarding your thoughts about the game.

State of the Game Survey

Additional Weapons - New weapons are at the core of what we love in Killing Floor 2 and there, of course, will be more in store in both new weapon bundles and HRG variants. Our goal for these new weapons is to continue to provide new and interesting gameplay while delivering a fun and familiar gun feel for the types of creative and realistic weapons the community enjoys.

Additional Maps - With two major content updates ahead for Summer and Fall, we have two new maps planned for the year. First, for Summer, we’ll be looking to partner again with one of the top mappers to enhance a popular community map for official inclusion. For Fall, we’re looking to bring you somewhere entirely new with an event focused around one the most sinister villains of Killing Floor history.

Additional Weeklies -
We also have new weeklies coming this year focused on challenging the players' new rulesets around the Survival formulas that will force them out of their comfort zones on different maps and approaching killing zeds with unexpected behaviors.

Major Events -
We’ll continue to activate seasonal-themed Zeds and objectives with major updates for you to collect tickets and earn cosmetics. This, of course, will come with new achievements for you all to unlock as well as new cosmetics in the store for you to show your creative flair.

Quality of Life Additions -
We’re looking to make Quality of Life a core focus throughout this coming year so that we can deliver important and impactful tunes based on community feedback so you can play Killing Floor 2 and all it has to offer how you want. The feedback you provide within our surveys, forums, social media, and other community interactions is critically important in helping guide us on how we should prioritize these user experiences and balance changes. Please continue to be active as ever within these channels so we have a good pulse on what the game needs. While we will not be able to address everything that’s requested due to numerous potential factors such as engine/system limitations and resource constraints, we’ll continue to be transparent with what is within our power to implement and do our best to be receptive and open to feedback for how we can improve.

Polish and Bug Fixing - As with every update, we’ll be addressing a multitude of issues legacy and new that arise over the year. We know we need to deliver to you a quality product and the community’s regular engagement in all of our various channels and forums in alerting us to any issues is a significant help to the development team. We encourage you to continue engaging with the regular betas we release before major updates, filling out our surveys, and posting your findings. As a reminder, the best way to bring bugs to our attention is through our official forums are available here:

Official Tripwire KF2 Forums

Community Interaction -.
Our community team continues to be at your disposal within our various channels and loves continuously interacting with you. We’ll be telegraphing our upcoming content through our usual Merc Reports to give you an early look at the content ahead will have many more community streams to play us and experience the new content. We invite you all to stay tuned and look forward to hearing from us in the coming weeks and months as we roll out this year’s road map.

Forums - https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/KillingFloorGame
Twitter - https://twitter.com/KillingFloor
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/killingfloorgame/
Discord - https://discord.gg/killingfloor

It’s been a pleasure to be part of this project with the team for these many years. We’re deeply grateful for the millions of fans that own and play the game. We could not do this without you. We hope you have a wonderful and safe holiday season and a bright new year.

See you all on the Killing Floor.

Regards,
David Amata
Product Director
Tripwire Interactive

Has it already been another year? I suppose time flies when you’re having fun and while the last year certainly has not been without challenges, the team at Tripwire and Saber Interactive have had a blast bringing the community another full slate of content throughout 2022. I want to thank the development team and our external partners for their blood, sweat, and toil that’s part of everything we deliver to our fans big and small. The amazing commitment and support the community has shown for Killing Floor 2 in its 7th full year of post-launch support since early access. The community is ultimately the engine that drives us forward with everything we do.

So before we cover the path ahead, it’s first important to look back at everything we added to the game in the past year.

Today’s Killing Floor 2

Game Updates

Maps
barmwichscreen16.jpg
  • Rig
  • Barmich Town
  • Crash

rig1.png

Weapons

sentinel.png
  • Sentinel - (Commando)

Weekly Modes:
  • Arsenal Ascent
  • Primary Target
  • Perk Roulette

New Music

What Lies Ahead
With the ongoing success of the past year, I’m delighted to announce Killing Floor 2 will continue to be supported for another full year with our partners at Saber Interactive for it to extend into its 8th Year of Post-Release updates. Over the last several months, the team has sat together to see all that we would like to accomplish and we’re excited to share a high-level overview of what we have in store for 2023.

The main beats will be three major updates throughout Summer, Halloween, and Christmas. The first two updates of the year will be packed with new weapons, maps, weeklies, cosmetics, customization, and quality of life updates you’ve come to expect. For Christmas, we have something a bit different in mind. Instead of the usual new content and seasonal focus, we’ll be looking to dedicate that entire update towards Quality of Life improvements, balance tunes, and fixes. As an ever-changing game with new content regularly added, we don’t always get an opportunity to take a look back and address every request you want to be improved or tweaked for what came before. It's our hope this QOL-focused update will give us the space to tackle some of the more difficult challenges and aspects we’ve had to raincheck over the years.

We love hearing from you about what we should focus on the most and we have another State of the Game community survey prepared that would help the team regarding your thoughts about the game.

State of the Game Survey

Additional Weapons - New weapons are at the core of what we love in Killing Floor 2 and there, of course, will be more in store in both new weapon bundles and HRG variants. Our goal for these new weapons is to continue to provide new and interesting gameplay while delivering a fun and familiar gun feel for the types of creative and realistic weapons the community enjoys.

Additional Maps - With two major content updates ahead for Summer and Fall, we have two new maps planned for the year. First, for Summer, we’ll be looking to partner again with one of the top mappers to enhance a popular community map for official inclusion. For Fall, we’re looking to bring you somewhere entirely new with an event focused around one the most sinister villains of Killing Floor history.

Additional Weeklies -
We also have new weeklies coming this year focused on challenging the players' new rulesets around the Survival formulas that will force them out of their comfort zones on different maps and approaching killing zeds with unexpected behaviors.

Major Events -
We’ll continue to activate seasonal-themed Zeds and objectives with major updates for you to collect tickets and earn cosmetics. This, of course, will come with new achievements for you all to unlock as well as new cosmetics in the store for you to show your creative flair.

We’re looking to make Quality of Life a core focus throughout this coming year so that we can deliver important and impactful tunes based on community feedback so you can play Killing Floor 2 and all it has to offer how you want. The feedback you provide within our surveys, forums, social media, and other community interactions is critically important in helping guide us on how we should prioritize these user experiences and balance changes. Please continue to be active as ever within these channels so we have a good pulse on what the game needs. While we will not be able to address everything that’s requested due to numerous potential factors such as engine/system limitations and resource constraints, we’ll continue to be transparent with what is within our power to implement and do our best to be receptive and open to feedback for how we can improve.

Polish and Bug Fixing - As with every update, we’ll be addressing a multitude of issues legacy and new that arise over the year. We know we need to deliver to you a quality product and the community’s regular engagement in all of our various channels and forums in alerting us to any issues is a significant help to the development team. We encourage you to continue engaging with the regular betas we release before major updates, filling out our surveys, and posting your findings. As a reminder, the best way to bring bugs to our attention is through our official forums are available here:

Community Interaction -.
Our community team continues to be at your disposal within our various channels and loves continuously interacting with you. We’ll be telegraphing our upcoming content through our usual Merc Reports to give you an early look at the content ahead will have many more community streams to play us and experience the new content. We invite you all to stay tuned and look forward to hearing from us in the coming weeks and months as we roll out this year’s road map.

It’s been a pleasure to be part of this project with the team for these many years. We’re deeply grateful for the millions of fans that own and play the game. We could not do this without you. We hope you have a wonderful and safe holiday season and a bright new year.

Regards,
David Amata
Product Director
Tripwire Interactive

Today’s Killing Floor 2

Game Updates

Maps
barmwichscreen16.jpg
  • Rig
  • Barmich Town
  • Crash

rig1.png

Weapons

sentinel.png
  • Sentinel - (Commando)

Weekly Modes:
  • Arsenal Ascent
  • Primary Target
  • Perk Roulette

New Music

What Lies Ahead

State of the Game Survey

Additional Weeklies -

Major Events -

Community Interaction -.

Regards,
David Amata
Product Director
Tripwire Interactive
I'm so excited for the new maps!!

Upvote 0
Al

Today’s Killing Floor 2

Game Updates

Maps
barmwichscreen16.jpg
  • Rig
  • Barmich Town
  • Crash

rig1.png

Weapons

sentinel.png
  • Sentinel - (Commando)

Weekly Modes:
  • Arsenal Ascent
  • Primary Target
  • Perk Roulette

New Music

What Lies Ahead

State of the Game Survey

Additional Weeklies -

Major Events -

Community Interaction -.

Regards,
David Amata
Product Director
Tripwire Interactive
Although I love Killing floor 2, i feel that it's about time to Killing Floor 3 to arrive! The series must go on. Just imagine the possibilites using today tech!

Upvote 0
Understand this: your approach to add new content for the sake of just adding something regardless of quality has resulted in this game weighing 87 GB of disk space (the core game with some skins as of the time of release weighs 30GB). But what's worse, all the stutters, which are a result of the game having to load the skins from the ever expanding asset roster mid-match, are getting worse and worse. New weapon pickup stutter, new join mid-wave stutter, first siren headshot stutter, first scrake kill stutter and so on. All these get worse and worse with more content addition, because it takes longer for the game to find the right skin from the set of skins.

All that happens mid-match. This game is a very fast paced FPS where a dozen milliseconds lost while disoriented because of the stutter jank result oftentimes in death. Even on good hardware, people on potato hardware (HDD vs SSD) suffer even more. Don't you think this is extremely frustrating to the point of uninstall and moving on to better games?

I have seen this happening too on my server that runs on FX8370E + 32GB ram.
How ever I took copy of that server config and put in on running R7 2700X + 32GB ram and all those lag spikes are gone.

Upvote 0
Generalization is a problem as without specialization players do not take on roles. When players do not take on roles there's no need for teamwork, and then the social aspect of the game falls apart. With no need to rely on others, you may as well just play solo- it'll definitely stop other players from raging zeds and otherwise interfering with you. Again, with generalization you can just mindlessly point and click moving things- no need to let the Sharpshooter take out that Scrake before you continue clearing trash as a Firebug as you have abilities and weapons specifically geared for taking that Scrake down yourself. If the Sharpshooter gets swarmed by trash that's his own fault for expecting others to compensate for his perk's/weapon's weaknesses- he should've gotten the HRG Locust or Shrink Ray or w/e the most recently added OP weapon is that's been added. Why should Sharpshooter ever bother with specialized weapons like Railgun/M99 when he can use ones that take everything on equally well?
That's why, HOE buff is required to solve this. There is not much difficulty difference between HOE and suicidal currently. HOE gives more dosh than suicidal, you can get better weapons in eariler waves. Every perk got generalized by devs, all of the perks can kill trashes & big zeds with their op weapons. They still buff constantly every factors of game e.g. starting doshes, weapon powers. Players use only %10 of (op) weapons among all weapons, it is been %90 of rest of weapons are useless and waste. I will not talk much about the current bad state of the medic perk anyway.

I don't see any problem of generalization in normal, hard and suicidal difficulties except for HOE, because this game mostly focuses on fun. Coming to HOE this is vice versa.

Possible fix of HOE is increasing number of big zeds on 5 p&6p scale. In this way, each player will be compelled to do their own job, otherwise every player will continue to attack every zed. There is a great need for an update package that is easy enough to solve even with only numerical changes.

Upvote 0
I have seen this happening too on my server that runs on FX8370E + 32GB ram.
How ever I took copy of that server config and put in on running R7 2700X + 32GB ram and all those lag spikes are gone.
I doubt it and in any case this needs to be supplemented with videos before and after.

I run my KF2 servers on:

Model name: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor

Which is even more powerful, still the new join lags (the most severe out of all the lags) are there.

And I don't see how it can help at all, because the skins selection happens client side, which is further supplemented by filming new player joins to an existing in-progress game where 2 players are present already, 1 of them on SSD and 2nd on HDD and the lag is much more severe for the 2nd player. From here I conclude that it's client hardware and mostly the seek time of the SSD that matters for this issue.

The server hardware matters for server events, e.g. managing the spawns, calculating/shuffling the spawn roster, etc. Skins get loaded locally from the local storage on every client present in the game.

Upvote 0
I doubt it and in any case this needs to be supplemented with videos before and after.

I run my KF2 servers on:

Model name: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor

Which is even more powerful, still the new join lags (the most severe out of all the lags) are there.

And I don't see how it can help at all, because the skins selection happens client side, which is further supplemented by filming new player joins to an existing in-progress game where 2 players are present already, 1 of them on SSD and 2nd on HDD and the lag is much more severe for the 2nd player. From here I conclude that it's client hardware and mostly the seek time of the SSD that matters for this issue.

The server hardware matters for server events, e.g. managing the spawns, calculating/shuffling the spawn roster, etc. Skins get loaded locally from the local storage on every client present in the game.
Actually I think you are right... after reboot all possible lag from lobby to player joining happens, but now after 6 or so maps it doesnt matter which server I play and lags are gone. So my guess is that files get loaded to cache, but not sure.
My gaming machine is R9 5900X ,64GB ram and RX6900XT gfx.

Upvote 0
Actually I think you are right... after reboot all possible lag from lobby to player joining happens, but now after 6 or so maps it doesnt matter which server I play and lags are gone. So my guess is that files get loaded to cache, but not sure.
My gaming machine is R9 5900X ,64GB ram and RX6900XT gfx.
Yes, it could be that it's cached.

However, the game probably can't cache everything it needs. Even your very beefy rig with 64GB probably can't fit all the 60 GB of skins the game currently has in it and besides, there probably is no mechanism that would have allowed to cache that much. So whenever you get someone with skins equipped joining your game then you should experience the new join lag. But if it's someone with default Mr. Foster and default char/weap skins he probably won't cause you game to lag.

Upvote 0