• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Radius-based voice chat for infantry.

I was just about to make a new thread about this.

Their reasoning for not having 3D VOIP was because we'll just "circumvent" their in-house VOIP with something else. Well, they added lackluster voicechat which seems to be very similar to ROOST, and everyone I know seems to be "circumventing" the current one just like they said would happen with 3D voip.

I, for one, would love to have 3D VOIP added into the game eventually. What's currently in the game isn't too great, I know there's tons of people with microphones, but it's a rarity to play the game and actually hear at least one or two people speaking...

Upvote 0
Grobut said:
Exactly, i can understand Ramm's reasoning that 3D Voip is easilly circumvented, because it is, but we where not hoping for only 3D Voip, we where hoping for 3D voip as an addition to the squad and team channels, so you can talk to just that one guy standing next to you, about things that the whole squad doesen't need to hear (like "Greande! Run!" or "You move and i'll cover" and so forth), in addition to talking to your whole squad or whole team.
Maybe squad leaders and commanders should be able to use team VOIP as well as 3D squad VOIP and soldiers should have only 3D squad VOIP only? I think that officers have to communicate with each other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0