• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question about the weapons?

The thing is though, the minimum is always standard, thus written as the actual firerate. But yeah, 1200 is a lot, and obviously not all PPSh-41's could do that. But certain models could. Or well, certain models within the same model. The PPSh-41 could be built differently, if uncommon, and still wear the name PPSh-41. Not all PPSh-41's were identical. The Russians were just too lazy to make two seperate weapon names for them. Although most PPSh-41's capable of 1200 RPM were recommended to not be fired above 960 RPM.

Upvote 0
The thing is though, the minimum is always standard, thus written as the actual firerate. But yeah, 1200 is a lot, and obviously not all PPSh-41's could do that. But certain models could. Or well, certain models within the same model. The PPSh-41 could be built differently, if uncommon, and still wear the name PPSh-41. Not all PPSh-41's were identical. The Russians were just too lazy to make two seperate weapon names for them. Although most PPSh-41's capable of 1200 RPM were recommended to not be fired above 960 RPM.

How do you even control the rpm then?

Upvote 0

I call BS on this.

I don't doubt that there were variations in the PPSH's firing rate, that's a pretty much given thing, but what you are talking about simply makes my BS detector scream in alarm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How do you even control the rpm then?

I have never fired one, so i really do not know for certain, but i think burst firing did not go as fast. Frankly, this info is learned from old WW2 books written by soldiers, and other WW2 books focusing on the actual war handling. I have not read about it anywhere else, and all they said was that the PPSh-41 could fire up to a maximum of 1260 RPM on unusual occasion, on some models. But above 960 RPM could result in jamming.

I should stop talking like i know things, :p, my knowledge comes from old obscure books. :/

Edit:

I call BS on this.

I don't doubt that there were variations in the PPSH's firing rate, that's a pretty much given thing, but what you are talking about simply makes my BS detector scream in alarm.

It might be, i only know half of what i need to explain it, the rest is filler i think might be the case. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't remember the last time a game did shoguns right... they always turn out to be the "poor man's" lead spammer, and end up feeling cheap and noobish. I'd be interested to see shotguns in RO2 if only to see how they'd make them work.

As for shotguns being found in Stalingrad, I honestly don't know.

from what ive read for about 30 minutes have found that because of the large space of the easternfront they weren't really used however the amercians used a crud load of em.

Upvote 0