• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ps4 and ps5 game crashes on loading multiplayer

mazzeiri

Aug 27, 2023
I can play solo.
I bought a ps5 today thinking that would fix this cause it started crashing every time I loaded a multiplayer game. I removed all cosmetics. I cleared my local storage, cache, rebuilt database, factory reset, then bought a ps5.

Still can no longer play this game. I submitted a ticket without any response yet.

I hear sounds from the game for a few seconds then it times out and crashes.

I can play solo.
I bought a ps5 today thinking that would fix this cause it started crashing every time I loaded a multiplayer game. I removed all cosmetics. I cleared my local storage, cache, rebuilt database, factory reset, then bought a ps5.

Still can no longer play this game. I submitted a ticket without any response yet.

I hear sounds from the game for a few seconds then it times out and crashes.

The issue is unrelated to your account data and seems related to PSN (and more specifically some PSN avatars). The team is investigating this issue and hopes to resolve in the next update.

You should be able to restore your account data from a local or PSN save back onto your PS4 or PS5.

Upvote 0
The issue is unrelated to your account data and seems related to PSN (and more specifically some PSN avatars). The team is investigating this issue and hopes to resolve in the next update.

You should be able to restore your account data from a local or PSN save back onto your PS4 or PS5.
My friend is having the same issue, started about 6 or 7 days ago. He can play a match by himself, but if he joins someone or joins and random match it crashes. He's changed the avatar uploaded/downloaded saved data, and also reinstalled and it's still not working.

This happened earlier this year and I think it was also due to an avatar issue. He has an older PS4 512 and I have the 1 TB slim, but it seems to work fine for me.

Upvote 0
My friend is having the same issue, started about 6 or 7 days ago. He can play a match by himself, but if he joins someone or joins and random match it crashes. He's changed the avatar uploaded/downloaded saved data, and also reinstalled and it's still not working.

This happened earlier this year and I think it was also due to an avatar issue. He has an older PS4 512 and I have the 1 TB slim, but it seems to work fine for me.
The only solution I know is to turn off any headshot effects and to keep closing/starting until you no longer see the default "KF2" logo; and see your regular avatar

Upvote 0