• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Proximity Voice Chat, Knife, and Medics?

Nov 19, 2016
I've been watching the closed beta gameplays on youtube can just say that this game looks exciting! Sounds, pacing, helicopters and squad abilities all look very attractive. Im curious to know if the developers have considered 3 items that Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Stormed seemed to miss:

Will the game implement a Proximity Voice Chat for basic one to one player communication?

Will there be knives to silently neutralize opponents (those guns are loud and pack a punch OMG!!)? Throw rocks for that matter too.

I was always a fan of the damage, bleeding, patching health system in RO2/RS. Will RS2 introduce a medic system or class to compliment it?

Ooh I hope someone can answer my queries. Cheers!

Well, Vietnam was the first time medics were able to carry firearms into combat so at least they wouldn't be non combatants. A revised injury system would be nice. The way it was in RO2 was basically useless anyway. It'd be nice to see them add injuries that actually effect in a major way outside of some slight slowdown and weapon sway increase.

also just bayonet your rifle and shank them, its better anyway since you have reach and more power in thrust. Rocks would be cool, like the ping on the level 50 M1 garand in RS1.

Upvote 0
If you were to go down the road of knives and medics then this wouldnt be a red orchestra game anymore (yes yes its called rising storm but I consider it part of the red orchestra series). They are however revising the bleeding system apparently. If you get shot in a non vital area and start bleeding you will slowly bleed out instead of instantly. Bandaging will be much slower too.

I would love proximity chat though and think that it should replace the vehicle chat.

Reactions: smc
Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2278781 said:
Bandaging in RO2 also doesn't regen any health. Just stops you bleeding. With no way to regain health.
That's true, but you could also be put in a ''critical'' stage, or have permanent penalties for certain hitboxes like terrible aim if you were shot in the hands/arm, or very slow movement if shot in the leg/feet until a medic patches you up.

Death by shot to foot is a little silly.

Upvote 0
Skyrilla;n2278823 said:
That's true, but you could also be put in a ''critical'' stage, or have permanent penalties for certain hitboxes like terrible aim if you were shot in the hands/arm, or very slow movement if shot in the leg/feet until a medic patches you up.

Death by shot to foot is a little silly.

A medic using pure magic to make you all better is also a little silly.

Upvote 0
I don't know if a medic class can fit into this franchise, the bandage system is good enough. The only way they can implement this class is if they add major injuries, that only the medic can take care of, something that make your soldier not able to fight, so he can fix you, but not heal. I don't know, is a tough topic that need to introduce a whole new mechanic for this.

Upvote 0
LionbI4;n2287532 said:
A Medic using pure magic to heal friendly is much better that soldier's magic which allows him to spawn on his teamleader.
So remove "spawn on teamleader" add "medic magic" then we will be in same "magic" level but better gameplay.

Ahh but the spawning you don't actually see. They hide that. Not to mention if you go down that route there shouldn't be spawns at all. It doesn't matter where you appear out of thin air the very act of doing so is magic.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2287542 said:
Ahh but the spawning you don't actually see. They hide that. Not to mention if you go down that route there shouldn't be spawns at all. It doesn't matter where you appear out of thin air the very act of doing so is magic.

I do see enemys spawning magic. It is not hidden. But it can be hidden when you allow them to spawn at base.

Well but I do not have strong opinion about this, so just saying info.

Upvote 0
Pikachu;n2278650 said:
If you were to go down the road of knives and medics then this wouldnt be a red orchestra game anymore (yes yes its called rising storm but I consider it part of the red orchestra series). They are however revising the bleeding system apparently. If you get shot in a non vital area and start bleeding you will slowly bleed out instead of instantly. Bandaging will be much slower too.

I would love proximity chat though and think that it should replace the vehicle chat.

Yeah I agree all the above, I don't want to rely on another dumb player not doing his job to heal the team, rather fend of the enemy, run for cover and do it myself. Holding 2 bandages is fine.

With the bandaging perhaps it should be random with how long it takes (10 to 20 secs) to give a bit more stress to the scene.

Upvote 0
smc;n2287718 said:
Yeah I agree all the above, I don't want to rely on another dumb player not doing his job to heal the team, rather fend of the enemy, run for cover and do it myself. Holding 2 bandages is fine.

With the bandaging perhaps it should be random with how long it takes (10 to 20 secs) to give a bit more stress to the scene.

If you don't want to rely - you use old system. Respawn on a base, bandage by yourself. Thats it.
Military simulators like Arma or operation flashpoint has medics. And they are still more realistic than any RO/Rising Storm.
Current gameplay on Rising Storm game is VERY arcade game.

Upvote 0
NorthDumpling;n2287859 said:
Its not a Squad. Tho proximity voice chat is a community request on trello board, make sure you know of it before creating a post.

I don't know why you react so salty to my post.

I never said it should be like Squad, I suggested that something similar to Squads chat system would be great.
And about the Trello board: I talked about more than just proximity chat.

Upvote 0