• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Proper pouches for the MKB42.

I wonder how annoying the developers consider you guys who worry about buttons and camo patterns.....

For every inaccuracy that is brought up there's 5 to 15 more which aren't brought up either for fairly obvious reasons or people don't know where to look at. After all if someone were to make list every possible authentic (or even physical) inaccuracy the list would easily have 200 to 300 entires based on current RO2 screenshots and footage.

Sure you want to open that can of worms for arguing for the sake of argument? Unfortunately that would also imply this community has people who actually care about some more pragmatic things besides incorrect seams around the buttocks, or lack of field gear mainetance just to name a few.

Upvote 0
This Mkb42 debate is still going on? Jeeze. Just deal with it already.

As for the pouches, good call. That's a decent point, especially since the MP-44 wasn't even in production, so that means that the pouches wouldn't be either.

Edit: If anything, the current MP-44 pouches should be reworked. The originals did not have leather flaps on them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This Mkb42 debate is still going on? Jeeze. Just deal with it already.

As for the pouches, good call. That's a decent point, especially since the MP-44 wasn't even in production, so that means that the pouches wouldn't be either.

Edit: If anything, the current MP-44 pouches should be reworked. The originals did not have leather flaps on them.
Doesn't always work that way.

Do people even read through these threads?

Upvote 0
Here they are "in action"

orig_g_Mkb42_pch_small.jpg

Upvote 0
*sigh*

It's called asymmetrical balance, You do not need to give people symmetrical and equal weapons as long as you provide them with some other form of balance, be it better ticket numbers or a tactical advantage in the maps.

thats called frustrating new players ..most of which will promptly quit the game from how frustrating it is

it is easy to say "screw those guys, we dont want them" but I highly doubt that is how tripwire feels

they are trying to balance authenticity...time management ( because being ultra realistic takes exponentially more work in comparison) and making a game that a large number of people actually want to buy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So are you telling me that soldiers had MP44 pouches before the MP44 was even made?
No. I'm guilty of reading through your post too fast. My mistake. :eek:

I Faw Down said:
The first post had MKB42 pouches in it. I'd assume that the MKB42 would have been shipped with MKB42 pouches like the one in the OP, I don't see why they wouldn't.
This would be what my original post was addressing when I said, "We had 30 round magazines months before we had proper pouches for them." As this weapon was still in its infancy, there is a very excellent possibility that the pouches weren't available until a later date. Some sort of 'make do' would have been the answer.

I'm in over my head with regard to what weapon came when. I'm just speaking to what can and has happened with new equipment and ordinance as it reaches the front line.

Reactions: 213
Upvote 0
No. I'm guilty of reading through your post too fast. My mistake. :eek:

This would be what my original post was addressing when I said, "We had 30 round magazines months before we had proper pouches for them." As this weapon was still in its infancy, there is a very excellent possibility that the pouches weren't available until a later date. Some sort of 'make do' would have been the answer.

I'm in over my head with regard to what weapon came when. I'm just speaking to what can and has happened with new equipment and ordinance as it reaches the front line.

No harm in misunderstanding! ;)

Edit: What's with this karma system? Has this been here since the beginning? I guess I'm well hated!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well if we're honest Trollkarbine and MP44 pouches were somewhat scarce to begin with. Go to bundesarchive and dig every photo you can see including MP44 and check the pouches. There's photos where you can't really tell because it's a side profile or so but usually you don't either see them at all or only one at time.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...6-7996-13,_Infanterist_mit_Sturmgewehr_44.jpg <--- note the MP40 pouches. This is just tip of the iceberg if you want to start digging around.

(Yes, it's wikipedia but it's Bundesarchive photo. Easier to trace simple examples back to wikimedia commons than search through thousands of stuff on Bundesarchive, especially if you don't write up what page, what search terms etc.)

German authencity officers back then didn't really give a **** about it so in a way it's perfectly accurate for RO2, as counterintuitive as it sounds. Some photos can go under the category "hey we need someone to pose here so just grab this weapon and make a manly pose" but the general rate of the practice with the pouches it only explains a small portion of them, in case if someone brings that up. If you want to ask why issue pouches that are incapable of holding specific weapon magazines (at least not without fighting a lot or making some "field" modifications), you should find a supply officer with a very bright memory. Makes as much sense as some other stuff the germans did back then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0