• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Project Reality : Vietnam

Pvt.pile

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Sconnie Botland
I thought someone would have posted this up already oh well... :D.

This news update was released on the 31st of March and everyone thought it was just an Aprils fools joke......... Personally speaking ive been waiting years for a realistic Nam mod/game to come out so for me this is gonna be great because I already know the awesome level of work that went into PR.

Trailer and update below.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/79245-project-reality-vietnam-update.html

YouTube - Project Reality Vietnam Mod Trailer - HD

Last edited:
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks great, maybe time I'd get into PR (have to buy BF2 first). Maybe a bit too much focus on the hardware in that vid which is not all that interesting to me...

you should get into PR in any case i recon, like bear says it's a good community and the teamwork is second to none.
You do occasionally have to put up with the odd English nutter who likes to add to the immersion by busting your balls when your not doing things by the numbers thou.

Upvote 0
there's a bit of chat about this on the PR servers, as you'd except.

I have mixed feelings myself - yes I love what BSS has done and trust them to produce a great vietnam experience, one of if not my favourite real war setting.
However, with the team also venturing out onto the arma engine, i am wondering if they will be spreading their playerbase a bit thin.

Yes it's a popular mod - but even so the numbers aren't that substantial and they are mostly loyal regulars who play continuously anyway, and obviously can't populate 2 mods at once.

The question is how many ppl don't play Project reality because it's set in the modern day, and isn't historical?
Let's hope theres a fair few, and the experience also brings many of them to the modern PR, but i wouldn't say it's a given.

Upvote 0
there's a bit of chat about this on the PR servers - as you'd except - but not too much because as usual ppl are down to the business in hand.

I have mixed feelings myself - yes I love what BSS has done and trust them to produce a great vietnam experience, one of if not my favourite Real war setting.
However, with the team also venturing out onto the arma engine, i am wondering if they will be spreading their playerbase a bit thin.

Yes it's a popular mod - but even so the numbers aren't that substantial and they are mostly loyal regulars who play continuously anyway, and obviously can't populate 2 mods at once.

The question is how many ppl don't play Project reality because it's set in the modern day, and isn't historical?
Let's hope theres a fair few, and the experience also brings many of them to the modern PR, but i wouldn't say it's a given.

Upvote 0
Although 0.9 was released recently, Project Reality hasn't been getting a lot of publicity. I think that when Vietnam is released, there'll be a surge of prospective players for both mods. I've also been trying to get people into Project Reality, and so far we have at least eight players who have really gotten into it.

Upvote 0