• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PPSH recoil just right?

I think in close ranges it would be stupid not to have SMG's as massively effective weapons. It's just how it was. The recoil isn't too bad I think, Fallenheroes is a map with decent distances but nothing spectacular, and whilst the forums is chocked to the max with people saying they can snipe an MP40 at 1 billion miles it isn't that easy and at full auto it's useless.

Upvote 0
Indeed, I don't think most of these 'realism' experts have ever shot most of these weapons. I've been fortunate enough to shoot both a PPSh and an MP40, both on full automatic, and they have virtually no recoil - certainly not the wild jump-up seen in RO1.

yes, but people are achting as if more sway or a little bit more recoil on smg's will be THE thing that makes ro2 unrealistic. Bandages alone have takes care of that.

Also, people are acting as if people only want increased recoil because of realistic arguments. I don; t think this is true.

A lot of things have been changed for RO2 to increase playability. For some, optimal playability might mean a bit more recoil on the SMG.

Reactions: Faneca
Upvote 0
from the looks of that video and having used the ppsh in game it seems like ro2's recoil is more than in real life, it looked like the barrel barely even moved upward, in game the recoil is pretty strong and moves up quite quickly making you have to take short controlled bursts for any accuracy.

Upvote 0
PPSh should have about same recoil as MP40 in game, at the moment it has a way too much recoil.
smoker.gif

Upvote 0
yes, but people are achting as if more sway or a little bit more recoil on smg's will be THE thing that makes ro2 unrealistic. Bandages alone have takes care of that.

Also, people are acting as if people only want increased recoil because of realistic arguments. I don; t think this is true.

A lot of things have been changed for RO2 to increase playability. For some, optimal playability might mean a bit more recoil on the SMG.
Bandages is actually making things more immersive than RO1. In RO1 you got shot in the hand, you dropped your weapon, but you'd pick it up and everything would be fine again.

Someone shot you in the leg, you'd slow down for abit, then you'd be fine. Someone shot you anywhere else and unless you were killed, you didn't have to worry about it.

Upvote 0
Bandages is actually making things more immersive than RO1. In RO1 you got shot in the hand, you dropped your weapon, but you'd pick it up and everything would be fine again.

Someone shot you in the leg, you'd slow down for abit, then you'd be fine. Someone shot you anywhere else and unless you were killed, you didn't have to worry about it.

All your own opinion.
|
I don;t find a wound that bleeds me out in 5 seconds, and is helped by a bandage, not very immersive.

A wound that would bleed you out in 20 seconds is not helped by a bandage, that is miraculously applied in 2 seconds.

I'm fine with other people liking it though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is hardly any recoil on most of the SMG's because thats how they REALLY were, difficulty doesn't = realism, realism = modeling the guns exactly like they are in real life, I bet tripwire got their hands on every gun thats in the game and fired them in real life so they knew what to do. Any video you look at of say mp40 etc they don't have hardly any recoil at all and can stay accurate while shooting fully auto.

The only thing I find unrealistic in RO2 is bandaging and how quick it is, if it took longer it would feel more realistic, but I guess they did it that way so you can save your own life quickly instead of having to sit around and wait for the enemy to come shoot you while you're bandaging. I'm not sure if they will change it or not, if not we'll just have to deal with it. The game is extremely fun anyway.

Upvote 0
I don't think there's any need for increasing recoil, but there's definitely need for more sway. Stamina should affect weapon sway. These supercharacters who can sprint 100m at 110% speed and hold their weapons perfectly still while panting and being exhausted are not really realistic.

I'm not sure if there are more options available through server settings to have some effect from running out of stamina though. I hope there is.

Upvote 0
All your own opinion.
|
I don;t find a wound that bleeds me out in 5 seconds, and is helped by a bandage, not very immersive.

A wound that would bleed you out in 20 seconds is not helped by a bandage, that is miraculously applied in 2 seconds.

Maybe the bandaging is supposed to simulate more than just bandaging, maybe its supposed to simulate stuff that would actually help in a situation where you would bleed out pretty quick. They should change it to first-aid instead of calling it bandaging you know? But still add some time to it

Upvote 0
from what I remember they said being low on stamina was supposed to effect your accuracy when aiming and breathing hard, but right now it seems if you stop and start aiming he breaths normally. It might be a bug because I know that was their intention was to have aiming harder after running long periods of time.

I don't find sprinting all that unrealistic because some soldiers were just more fit than others I'm sure there were plenty of people who could run as much as you can in game. It's to make the game a little faster paced and not as slow, doesn't mean it is any less tactical or realistic in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I don't find sprinting all that unrealistic because some soldiers were just more fit than others I'm sure there were plenty of people who could run as much as you can in game.
True. Maybe this should be attached to honor levels? As in, more experienced you are, more fit you would be as well? As of now, I feel I've been able to run way too much without any effect to accuracy.

Upvote 0
True. Maybe this should be attached to honor levels? As in, more experienced you are, more fit you would be as well? As of now, I feel I've been able to run way too much without any effect to accuracy.

Indeed.

I feel like the whole honorleveling (which is supposed to give yo small bonusses in aiming down sights, accuracy, sway. etc.) to be useless. Since everything is already so accurate, swayless and quick.

Upvote 0