• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pps43>ppsh41>ppd40

Well when it comes to assaulting the PPSh41 has everything, high rate of fire, decent accuracy and high capacity. It just a monster in close and is suprisingly accurate when used properly. I'm talking laying in the square outside the apartments on Odessa and picking off German snipers in the bombed out building with sharp bursts accurate.

It's my favourite automatic because it has the ability to be useful on your approach to an objective and extremely deadly once you get there and begin the process known as 'routing the Germans'.

In case you can't tell I'm a really aggressive player :D

Upvote 0
As a German I hate the PPSh 41, unfair this drummagazine:D, historical seen the drum mag. was not used that often curved box magazines were used instead, because drum mag. had reload problems, was quite difficult.
In V.3.3 it was horrible now, with no recoil in iron sights it's better than an
MG 42, well and that's strange and disappointing when playing Germans, when you hoped for more balance:(

And I hate also the pps 43 and ppd 40 as German also because of much too high range, just fire and you'll hit after a while.

But as russian I prefer PPS 43G and PPSh 41G

Upvote 0
I'd love to know what kind of hax you lot are running to get accuracy from the PPSh41 ;) j/k

I stopped trying to use it because whether hipping, in iron sights unsupported, or in iron sights supported, the moment I fire the PPSh41 it's pointing straight at the roof!

I don't mind the PPD40 as it's at least controllable and has a nice big magazine which cuts down on reloading. I haven't tried the PPs43 much but will have to give it a go.

The MP40 is nice and accurate, a good trench broom especially in iron sights where recoil is very controllable (much more so even than the PPD40). And as has been mentioned, the StG44 is the most powerful of the automatics and also quite a capable rifle. There's simply no equivalent on the Russian side, though the PPD40 is a better SMG and the SVT40 is a better semi-auto rifle.

Regards

Upvote 0
It's simple you yank down just the right amount as you let of a quick rip while aiming down the sights, or if you are in a good rested spot just hose down the enemy(s) you want to kill. From the hip just fire short sharp bursts really quickly, you can do it so quickly that it almost sounds like one long burst but in fact it is several short ones and is much more controllable.

Having your mouse speed up a bit helps too.

I will say though that the StG44 is just awesome, it lacks in accuracy a little against the semi-automatic rifles but it's the best overall automatic in the game. I like it's better shot for shot stopping power than the smg's, it means you can fire a burst at someone and only have to hit them once or twice to drop them. Though for up close encounters I still prefer the PPSh41.

Upvote 0