• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Potato Alternate Reality Game

Something I think of:
1. She's ugly --- Decap a Siren but not killing her. (you CAN do that, and oddly enough she can still bite you without a head...)
2. Last resort --- Use the 9mm to finish off a raging scrake or fleshpound on suicidal or above.
3. Never gonna give you up --- heal a teamate from lower than 10 health to full health.
4. I WIN --- while two speciments is fighting with each other, kill both of them at once.
5. Return favour --- detonate a husk fireball with explosives and set at least one speciment on fire.

Hey now, I'm feeling that it's not just achievements! It may be a couple of whitelisted mutators and "official" community maps for all we know. Maybe a tiny bit more, but still, I'm not going to get my hopes up too much beyond achievements. Lets wait and see, shall we? :D

Upvote 0
I bet it was a bug.

I'd like to see a video of it, if you can reproduce it.

Why do you think that's a bug? Siren is also a zed. All zed have head health and total health (and stuffs you probably know very much just most of us here).

Then why would you think a headless siren is a bug? As long as you can drop a zed's head health to 0 and it survive that decap shot, you get your headless zed. Patty just happen to have equal among of head health and total health.

And there you go (btw, I dont lie, I dont know... but it seems you never believe me).

YouTube - Killing Floor Siren without a head

Upvote 0
Why do you think that's a bug? Siren is also a zed. All zed have head health and total health (and stuffs you probably know very much just most of us here).

Then why would you think a headless siren is a bug? As long as you can drop a zed's head health to 0 and it survive that decap shot, you get your headless zed. Patty just happen to have equal among of head health and total health.

And there you go (btw, I dont lie, I dont know... but it seems you never believe me).

YouTube - Killing Floor Siren without a head

Calm down, I've never seen it before, never heard of it happening before and have seen quite a few people say it was impossible, plus you saying she could still bite you led me to believe it was some sort of bug.

But the video has proven otherwise, fair enough.

Upvote 0
Don't mind SMIFF, he never believes anyone, even me =P

And considering I'm the one in charge of Achievements, I don't know where the heck this Achievement132 came from. I'll talk to Valve and see what's up...

Acheivement 132: Troll Xienen successfully.

Only Gabe Newell has gotten this acheivement ;)

Upvote 0
Potato Alternate Reality Game

Greetings.

Im posting here to ask your help in solving valves new alternate reality game. There are a bunch of games that have been updated with potato-related clues since april fool's day, including killing floor. We've already found some stuff in kf, but we could use help figuring it out further.

If you'd like to help visit our wiki at http://valvearg.info/wiki/Valve_ARG_Wiki
or our irc channel at #valvearg2 on irc.gamesurge.net

Upvote 0
So it's just a bug , that's disappointing.

It probably isn't.

Valve is doing one of those "sneaky puzzle fun time" things again. That's what I call them at least. They call them ARG.

They had one for Portal a long time ago. When it was figured out, they released a few fixes for Portal and a few extra things.

Now, not to be rude to Xienen AT ALL, but he's probably lying.

I'm sure he'd love to tell us, but if he did, he'd be found dead in a pile of hats the day afterward. :p

Upvote 0
For reference, here's the text:

----------------------------------------------
Hello there, specimens!

There's more to be found,
But you head's in the ground,
If you study the roster,
Perhaps Mr. Foster?

And why stop when Foster's already been found?
Those symbols and letters are all around...
Indeed, DJ Skully may not be wrong,
But other games might need players and songs.

Goobye now, specimens!

<Translated from ASCII>
cLearlY, there are no more clues to be found zero reasons exIst to contiNue to lurch internally, surely, just "Googling around" is beTter than "playing" fOr YOUr pure research
-----------------------------------------------
"But other games might need players and songs."

"But other games might need players"

My guess is it's some promotional thing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Undedd Jester
Upvote 0
The "players and songs" bit is probably promoting Break Blocks.

The part in ASCII character codes sounds to me like an invitation to go treasure hunting in KF and its source code (at least that's what I make of "lurch internally" in the same sentence as "research"), unless parts of the source for Break Blocks are also going to be released in similar fashion (but I doubt it). Don't hold me to that though; it's just an early guess.

Upvote 0
KF Riddle?

KF Riddle?

I just noticed last night- when you go into killing floor the following riddle appears under the "News" tab.

"Hello there, specimens!

But your head's in the ground,
If you'd study the roster
Perhaps Mr. Foster?

Goodbye now, specimens!

99 76 101 97 114 108 89 44 32 116 104 101 114 101 32 97....."
(the numbers go on for a while)

So what does this mean?

Upvote 0
I just noticed last night- when you go into killing floor the following riddle appears under the "News" tab.

"Hello there, specimens!

But your head's in the ground,
If you'd study the roster
Perhaps Mr. Foster?

Goodbye now, specimens!

99 76 101 97 114 108 89 44 32 116 104 101 114 101 32 97....." (the numbers go on for a while)

So what does this mean?

Numbers could be some.. I forgot the name of it ( But it's an alphabet of some kind). Can't they do it in binary? 10101010101 stuff? Its easier than those numbers!

Upvote 0