• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Post your very first impressions!

Well as a total newb to the series, I got my A$$ handed to me getting killed maybe 12 times with zero kills of my own.

Infantry was great and intense, tho I saw one guy who I thought was afriendly with no name tag (he was window MG) -so I shot and got penalized for low honor. Not so much a learning curve here but you definitely need to choose your movements wisely -which apparently I was not.

Next, a little tank action and coming over from Arma, this was a lot different. First off, I got point blank behind a russian tank but both shots richochets off his sloped armor and he turned and killed me. Not sure how to go about that one.

Similar to Arma tho my AI gunner was oft slow to fire and I'm not sure how to switch to gunne myself. Tanks had great, visceral feel and excited to get better at them.

Overall so far, I really like the immersion created by chatter, weapons sounds and scenes - just need to get better. Alot better.

Upvote 0
Well as a total newb to the series, I got my A$$ handed to me getting killed maybe 12 times with zero kills of my own.

Don't feel too bad - I've been playing RO:O since day 1 of retail, and I just got prison raped.

I'm going to have to get in some practice ... gotta learn these maps!

This was definitely worth the wait, though. Definitely. Only had one minor bug, and one minor annoyance outside of that.

Upvote 0
Loads of work is needed in these two weeks before the release. Optimization seems to be a problem, and the server browser also seems to be working pretty slow. I'm not sure if the Unreal 3 engine was just never optimized, or if further optimization for systems must be done on TWI's end, but things don't seem to be running as they should be. 30% of textures are missing on the Apartments map, but that is probably beta-related. I'm on the lower end of the system specs requirements, but I've heard people at the high end having issues running this. I don't know if this game is just a resource hog and I need to go pick up a desktop, or if future releases will cure these ills. Hopefully this doesn't turn into Captains Quarters for Eve Online.

Upvote 0