• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Post your plastic models ^_^

wassup plastickers, im into 1:72 model tanks.

pics of my 1:72 jagdpanther and panther, its hard to make good pics of them because they are really small. these ones fit in my handpalm.

i used to make 1:35 models like most of the ppl, but they always ended up looking crappy, then i made 1:72 and they actually look really good, and i can make them in a few days also. and they are really cheap compared to 1:35.

i have a kingtiger porshe and henshel, tiger 1, jagdpanther, jagdpanzer, panzer 3, stug 3g, famo, t34, isu 152, sdkfz 234 4... my goal is to make every tank of ww2, and with their small size you can display them all on a small rack or so.

Upvote 0
The models I have (but not assembled)

73bee7ce.jpg

6caa7fe8.jpg

7d5e6c80.jpg

Upvote 0
Aztek 470 & fineline nozzle (i got that set with the wooden box but all the other nozzles are overkill for 1/48). for air i got a used Revell Gamma compressor i got super cheap on ebay (45€). just about sufficient but then again it was super cheap :D

the only problem would be the rather short time you can use it before it has to cool off and/or spits out condensated water which is like 30-40m, i did add a seperator but its not really satisfactory imo.

also the only paint that allowed me to do super fine mist and lines was gunze sangyo, dilluded with basic spirit from the chemist or others, 1€ for the 1L or sommit. Modelmaster and valejo air dry in the nozzle, clogging the gun constantly :/ i even bought special modelmaster mixture stuff to thin the paint, didnt help :/

Upvote 0
I happen to have the same compressor from way back. Atm I don't have any spraygun besides some cheapo-10€ thing i got at a supermarket a while ago. Totally unsuitable for anything but large areas of ourse.

I seem to have lost my old Revell gun and was thinking about getting an Aztec 430/470 since they are supposedly pretty easy to clean (i hate cleaning that stuff). Does it work well with the Revell compressor or do you need any adapters etc.? Do you use the cheap plastic hose that came with the compressor or dou you have a high-pressure one?

Upvote 0
i use the vinyl hose that came with the airbrush since the revell hose doesnt screw onto the gun :rolleyes: otherwise its all there, the aztek hose screws onto the connector on the compressor just fine. only with the water/oil separator i'd need some sealent but i cba to put it on every time i removed it to remove the water.

edit:

so this is how it looks after 20 minutes and some ealier airbrushing where i didnt empty it:
Bild%20533.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll give it a shot:
Bf 109 F-4
Fw 190 A-8
and
Bf 109 G-14

wooo you can has cookie :p its actually a G-6 with early rudder and canopy but oh well ;) in retrospective, posting my christmas stash was a bit silly :D

anyway, R1G4M0RT1Z: you might want to thin your paint a bit more, appearantly you can have very smooth surfaces even with brushes you just have to thin the paint a bit more and apply several coats to achieve full opacity. an airbrush makes it appear alot more skilled than it actually is tbh :D its like cheating ;)

if you feel like improving your spit you might want to fill the gap of your fuselage halves with some putty or similar, sand it down a bit and also sand off some of the paint to remove the brush strokes. my guess is that you used humbrol enamels so you prolly have no alternative to sanding it. with gunze sangyo acryllics you can just use a cotton pad or similar soakened with methylated spirit or similar and wipe the paint off. i would fail terribly without the airbursh tbh, i fail at using brushes for anything larger than an instrument gauge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i recently read you can put stuff you want to minorly reshape into "hot" water and bend it as you wish after the piece in question warmed up a bit. i dont know how warm it has to be though :confused: if dont intend to apply some typical luftwaffe mottling a rather simple airbrush should do just fine, you should also get some masking film where you cut out the shapes you want to apply. you dont have to worry about overspray then.
http://imperator.segplur.com/bilder/Bild221.jpg my first airbrushed model (and my first of the recent ones) using the revell standard class, revell masking film in A4 sheets and revell enamels. i brushed the yellow parts, masked them off, coated the whole plane with the olive color (which is a bit off from RLM 71 ;)) and then (by freak accident) i used a printed out stuka skin for il2 that actually was in 1/32 scale like the plane :) and then coated the whole plane with the dark colour (which is even more off from RLM70). i had the stuka kit lying around for ages, mostly assembled but unpainted and after i finished it i decided to go to 1/48 since the kits are alot cheaper, 1/32 is a waste if you dont pimp it up with scratchbuilding and detail sets imo. plus you need alot of space which i lack, and alot of planes i wanted to build were not or not easily available in that scale.

Last edited:
Upvote 0