• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Post your Grief Moments:

Grief moments? I get that almost all the time.

Every time someone enters ironsights instantly after sprinting and kills me.

THIS !

Its terrible. Main thing which makes RO run'n gun game. TWI fix this and the game immediately becomes better.
Well, for sure, with auto, you can start sprying while moving and enter ironsights with constant fire all the time.

Reactions: The Beast (nl)
Upvote 0
Dont bring your personal gripes in here.... these are not grief moments, they are aspects of the game you dont like rather than grief monents in the game...and if you dont like it dont play.

BTW... same applies for bolt action players who sit outside the cap and dont atack.

Those that complain about Lockdown...yet sit back and dont attack.

Those that take commander and do jack ****.

Those that take SL and do jack ****.

All those that dont attack except for Snipers and commanders....

Bolt actions are for defenders only.

I don't really agree with you there.

The way I see it, most peopel bought this game BECAUSE it was called Red Orchestra, and because Red Orchestra defined a certain way of gameplay. The things he mentioned actually are grief moments and they completely ruins it for the invidual who wants to play the game as a tactical shooter. Most people bought the game because if you would have removed the title Red Orhcestra less people would have bought it.

Lockdowntimer is simply a feature to keep the pace up. The ability to run and gun is to keep the players engaged and entertained. The reason why you can sprint and turns faster than Usain Bolt is because It's less unforgiving and it keeps the pace aswell. The reason why you can bandage yourself quickly is because It's less frustating. The reason why the weaponhandling is simplified is because people can jump in and play a hour or two, and then leave, without having to spend weeks or even months to get hang of the game.

None of this features is added with increasing the realism in mind. They're there in order to make all players enjoy the game and in order to make it possible for all players to enjoy it in their way.

Unfortunately, tactical people suffers, the very same people this game was intended to be aimed at in the first place. The very same players that kept RO OST alive. All this stuff means that the game becomes completely unpleasant if you play it as a tactical shooter which kinda makes the game lost it's point. So don't say 'if you dont like it, dont play it.' It's the people who dont like tactical shooters who shouldn't be playing this game or even coming upp with suggestions on this board because they don't have anything positive to contribute because they want it to become less tactical and more unrealistic, which is totally out of the formula for a tactical shooter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why do people have problem with LMG hip-firing?
I alway play as an LMGer, even on appartments, where attacking with an LMG is really difficult. Not only are you slow, most of the time you run up to an enemy and get shot, or you see an enemy in the distance and get shot, cause you can't shoulder the weapon and aim.
It's not that easy to hip-fire as you think, try it first and then speak.
That's one thing, the other is why the hell do you think it is impossible to hip fire an LMG in RL? Why do you always have this Rambo reference? How is it not realistic to shoot someone with an LMG in a narrow hallway? What exactly is the problem?

Upvote 0
Dont bring your personal gripes in here.... these are not grief moments, they are aspects of the game you dont like rather than grief monents in the game...and if you dont like it dont play.

BTW... same applies for bolt action players who sit outside the cap and dont atack.

Those that complain about Lockdown...yet sit back and dont attack.

Those that take commander and do jack ****.

Those that take SL and do jack ****.

All those that dont attack except for Snipers and commanders....

Bolt actions are for defenders only.
Well, I bought the game, so I think I have the right to complain about things the devs did different from what they had promised before. I'm giving the game a break anyway.

Upvote 0
Now, now. There are entire bug and suggestion forums for this kind of thing (shots not registering, rare eapons,etc.) and enough posts in this one too. No reason to turn this into one of those threads.

I cant recall too many grief moments but i remember on commissars I would keep running around on the first floor of commissars south i think, next to the no mans land trying to get out cause i couldnt find the way out. And as soon as I did, bam G41 to the face.

Upvote 0
The worst grief moments are when players accuse me of cheating just because I happen to own them. It gets especially annoying when it is members of an established clan doing it.

To all such griefers: Before accusing someone of cheating, get your evidence in order. It is just so lame to accuse random players of cheating because they happen to be better than you are.

Upvote 0
Fun tidbit about Robert Capa

He was one of only a couple (maybe only) photographer on omaha.

The pictures were not meant to be blurry, but I believe the salt water ruined his pictures and the vast majority of which turned out to be completely worthless.

The one man who could have taken in action photographs of what happened that day lost all but a couple of his pictures. The ones that survived seemed like they had an artistic impression of the fog/horror of war.

Was it fate?

Upvote 0
Fun tidbit about Robert Capa

He was one of only a couple (maybe only) photographer on omaha.

The pictures were not meant to be blurry, but I believe the salt water ruined his pictures and the vast majority of which turned out to be completely worthless.

The one man who could have taken in action photographs of what happened that day lost all but a couple of his pictures. The ones that survived seemed like they had an artistic impression of the fog/horror of war.

Was it fate?

It wasn't the salt water, it was an assistant accidentally destroying most of the film after it had been safely transported back to London.

Upvote 0
Grief moments? I get that almost all the time.

Every time I see someone with an MKB or an MP40/II.
Every time I get run 'n gunned by a Rambo MG'er.
Every time I'm killed by the AI hull MG.
[...]
progression system doesn't allow historical accuracy.
Every time my bullet doesn't register.
Every time I shot a SMG'er in the arms with my bolt rifle and he kills me as if nothing had happened.

Same here.

Well, you saved me some typing time.

Reactions: Cyper
Upvote 0
It wasn't the salt water, it was an assistant accidentally destroying most of the film after it had been safely transported back to London.

Yes.

Terrible story - at Life Magazine the assistant left the door of a drying cabinet closed and melted the films' emulsion. Almost all the negatives were destroyed except for eight photos.

There was another WW2 combat photog who developed his own photos while he was out there by pouring the developing fluid into one helmet and his fixer into another at night-time. I forget which one, but BBC4's Genius of Photography had all about these guys in the episode 'Right Time, Right Place.' *Edit* It was the American Tony Vacarro.
I alway play as an LMGer, even on appartments, where attacking with an LMG is really difficult. Not only are you slow, most of the time you run up to an enemy and get shot, or you see an enemy in the distance and get shot, cause you can't shoulder the weapon and aim.
I think this was possibly aimed at me.

I agree with you, in fact. Those times when I choose to go LMG, I do so for the challenge. I was really only commenting on the photo, and might have just as well said 'Delta Force' as 'Rambo III'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think this was possibly aimed at me.

No, that was aimed at Nezzer.
I agree with most of his points except the MG one, cause I play with MGs in every single game that has MGs, and RO2 seems to be the best representation of how it should play. And run&gun with an MG in ro2 is not as easy as most people think. Recoil is actually very strong and free aim feature makes it actually pretty difficult to hit someone more than 5 meters away.

Upvote 0
No, that was aimed at Nezzer.
I agree with most of his points except the MG one, cause I play with MGs in every single game that has MGs, and RO2 seems to be the best representation of how it should play. And run&gun with an MG in ro2 is not as easy as most people think. Recoil is actually very strong and free aim feature makes it actually pretty difficult to hit someone more than 5 meters away.
I know it might be still hard (unless your MG is at level 50), but in real life it's even harder. Hip firing MGs in real life requires a specific stance, and that's why I think hip firing should only be enabled after pressing the ironsights button. Except for the insane recoil, I think RO1 did hip firing MGs quite right.

MG hip fire should be used only as a last resort and at the moment we see too many people using MGs as assault weapons, because when your MG-34 is at level 50, it's more effective than an MP-40 on CQC. MGers should once again be encouraged or forced to employ a support role instead of an assault one, and the solutions to fixed this have already been discussed to death and now it's up to TWI to make up their minds.

I apologize for derailing the thread by bringing this up here. It's just that I want so bad to like this game but the issues I said before make an entire match a grief moment and that just pisses me off, so I have to take it off my chest after being away from the forums for a couple weeks. Let's drop it, shall we? :p

Upvote 0
A non-staged Russian photo:

assault_6.jpg

I love this picture i have it in one of my books somewhere.

Upvote 0
Well, I bought the game, so I think I have the right to complain about things the devs did different from what they had promised before. I'm giving the game a break anyway.

Dude, They did not promise you anything....

I played RO1 and i had waited for the new RO2 ever since the old one came out in the first place.

I never recall them ever claiming it would be like RO1. I think this is all in your mind..... there is a game you want...and that is elsewhere.

Ro2 is good fun. just alot of people playing it like it is RO1 wanting rifle shoot outs from 150mtrs away pixel hunting and crawl a win, and cant stand it when they are MG.... because for some reason they think that is unfair?

And those that are noobs who are not exactly used to the style of play.

Then there are people like me.... who play it like it is.... Attack the zone you have to take. Or defend it. both take 2 diffrent mindsets.

Especially when you have a countdown timer....which puts pressure on you just like a commander would to take a postion.

If the postion is not taken...it is most likely futile and a new map begins or a restart... no point having something drag out.

Upvote 0
Dude, They did not promise you anything....

I played RO1 and i had waited for the new RO2 ever since the old one came out in the first place.

I never recall them ever claiming it would be like RO1. I think this is all in your mind..... there is a game you want...and that is elsewhere.

Ro2 is good fun. just alot of people playing it like it is RO1 wanting rifle shoot outs from 150mtrs away pixel hunting and crawl a win, and cant stand it when they are MG.... because for some reason they think that is unfair?

And those that are noobs who are not exactly used to the style of play.

Then there are people like me.... who play it like it is.... Attack the zone you have to take. Or defend it. both take 2 diffrent mindsets.

Especially when you have a countdown timer....which puts pressure on you just like a commander would to take a postion.

If the postion is not taken...it is most likely futile and a new map begins or a restart... no point having something drag out.

No, It's not all ''in the mind''. They changed the formula in order to appeal to the mainstream and It's the consequence of that. No point to deny that, or say that 'people have wrong opinion'.

It was called Red Orchestra because of marketing reasons, obviously. People were expecting this brand to be more or less true to It's own formula and people were expecting a spiritual sequel to RO OST. This does not mean a carbon copy though. No one wants a game to never improve. It just means that the game is basicly the same. Like the arma series. They keep their formula. No one said a thing that the game wouldn't feature a real hardcore mode, as an example. TWI acted like this game was meant for everyone. For the mainstream and for us. It obviously wasnt. If all I wanted was ''the style of play which I am not used to'', which I am very used to, I'd just go and play battlefield for the fun quickmatches. BF beats RO2 in the arcade genre anyway. It's superior in that genre. The only reason I bought RO2 was because I thought it would bring a new tactical shooter to the table agian.

Regarding the huge player drop it kinda goes agianst your own statement that people aren't unhappy about the game. Why did thousands of players stopped playing it then? Because of BF? Bugs, glitches? Cod? They simply dumped the game because they found no enjoyment in playing it. If these very same people knew how RO2 was in the first place they wouldn't even have bought the game at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, It's not all ''in the mind''. They changed the formula in order to appeal to the mainstream and It's the consequence of that. No point to deny that, or say that 'people have wrong opinion'.

Please dont quote me out of context.
I know they changed the Formula, It is people like you who cant get it it through there heads that this is not RO1.... it is RO2 ... a diffrent monster all together. it is not RO1 with better graphics and some extra features you would have liked on RO1.

It is RO2 based around some of the key concepts in RO1 and improved.

Im not the one in denial...you and nezzar are.

you should accept that: They changed the formula

I already knew they had when i saw the videos months ago it would be a diffrent game... there where videos ffs. you should have been prepared along time ago instead of thinking this was RO1 in a new suit.

It was called Red Orchestra because of marketing reasons, obviously.

In your opnion... completly based on nothing... strawman.

People were expecting this brand to be more or less true to It's own formula and people were expecting a spiritual sequel to RO OST. This does not mean a carbon copy though. No one wants a game to never improve.

So how is it not a spritual sequal? it keeps some of the basic prinples of the first one:
Iron sights
Cap zones
Historicity
Combined arms
Weapon loading

And on top of that... it is not a carbon copy.

It just means that the game is basicly the same. Like the arma series. They keep their formula. No one said a thing that the game wouldn't feature a real hardcore mode, as an example. TWI acted like this game was meant for everyone. For the mainstream and for us. It obviously wasnt. If all I wanted was ''the style of play which I am not used to'', which I am very used to, I'd just go and play battlefield for the fun quickmatches. BF beats RO2 in the arcade genre anyway. It's superior in that genre. The only reason I bought RO2 was because I thought it would bring a new tactical shooter to the table agian.

So you want the game to be the same..... but you want it to be a new tactical shooter on the table? :confused:

Regarding the huge player drop it kinda goes agianst your own statement that people aren't unhappy about the game. Why did thousands of players stopped playing it then? Because of BF? Bugs, glitches? Cod? They simply dumped the game because they found no enjoyment in playing it. If these very same people knew how RO2 was in the first place they wouldn't even have bought the game at all.

I never mentioned a player drop. I feel the player drop is more due to lack of content. pure and simple. Coupled with all the glitches and ****ty single player.
I think the game will get better... but will never recover because of this.

People like single player.

The game at its core is great... just lacks polish and content. (by content better singleplayer, online campaign, more maps etc... things that **** me are not having autoselect on team selection...used to be in the old one... such a simple thing...id even like it extended that there be auto select on the role selection too.

It is only the vets who leaver because they dont like that it is not the same as Ro1. that simple... they are the minority.... a new batch of ROS fans will rise and the old Ro1ers can keep playing DH. dosnt bother me.

Upvote 0
My one grief story:

Playing on, IIRC, the Russian side.
I decide to go tank crew, so i can get some experience with that role and help out the commander.
No communication.
I try to move, to do something right.
Commander says nothing, just sits there shooting the turret.
We're being fired upon, i attempt to GTFO.
We died.

That goddamn retard commander didn't say two words that wasn't an insult directed at me. He probably came straight from cowadooty and just played to kill things; teamwork didn't even cross his mind.

And he called me the retard and bad player.

Upvote 0