• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Poll] Next Update

[Poll] Next Update

• March

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • April

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • May

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Never

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • Soon, very soon

Votes: 21 30.0%

• Total voters
I sure as hell hope they do something soon. I don't care if we have to even pay for it. I've had no desire to boot up KF in probably 3 months because it's exactly the same thing every single time. There's no dynamic feeling to the gameplay. You know exactly what to expect, how to handle every situation, and you know when it's a hopeless situation because a retard on your team did something stupid and you're now going to die in a corner.

Need something fresh. Maybe a very LARGE map with vehicles and you have to drive to the next trader station in order to make it in time then find somewhere to hold out in that area. New bosses, new specimens, new weapons please. Balance the hell out of the ones that are there.

Upvote 0
You know exactly what to expect, how to handle every situation, and you know when it's a hopeless situation because a retard on your team did something stupid and you're now going to die in a corner.

Hmm yeah. They should do something about the specimen spawning system, make it more random. Because atm its always the same enemies coming exactly the same times. For example those 2 fleshpounds that spawn right in the beginning somewhere in 9th or was it 10th wave. They ALWAYS spawn at the exact moment, it should be more random so you dont know what to expect.

I think they should go as far as giving a small chance of a fleshpound being spawned on the 5th wave or a scrake being spawned at 3rd or 4th wave, at least on suicidal. Also they should vary the amount of each specimen being spawned, so if 10th wave had 4 fleshpounds (cant remember the exact number on each difficulty) it would vary beetween 4-8 instead. If only 4 spawned they would replace them with even more scrakes or other specimens and so on. You get the point, I hope.

Upvote 0
Theyll prolly release some useless update first just to mess with us, like Valve did for TF2 on their 100th update: "Fixed Polish Team Fortress 2 fonts not being displayed correctly in the Main Menu" xD

I'd guess that update would be more useful if you were Polish, eh?

That annoying faerie from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is sad? Good! She deserves it! I still hear that annoying voice in my nightmares...

HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i think he is referring to the race of creatures in the movie Avatar??? as in from his forum avatar LOL amazing how that all works.....:D

I know. I was making a joke. Kinda. Not a good one, apparently.

Anyway, I hope a patch is gonna come out soon, but I sincerely doubt it. IF one comes out, I don't think it's gonna be until after HoS. And even then, the damage that they're doing by just letting the game simmer in admitted imbalance and the community grow stagnant will have taken it's toll.

I hate to say it, but this game's looking to fall into obscurity.

Upvote 0
I sure as hell hope they do something soon. I don't care if we have to even pay for it. I've had no desire to boot up KF in probably 3 months because it's exactly the same thing every single time. There's no dynamic feeling to the gameplay. You know exactly what to expect, how to handle every situation, and you know when it's a hopeless situation because a retard on your team did something stupid and you're now going to die in a corner.

Need something fresh. Maybe a very LARGE map with vehicles and you have to drive to the next trader station in order to make it in time then find somewhere to hold out in that area. New bosses, new specimens, new weapons please. Balance the hell out of the ones that are there.

I think there is a vehicles mod. Anyway some of the custom maps really keep the game going for me. Particularly the story maps, see the sticky in level design if you don't know what I mean.

Upvote 0
I'd guess that update would be more useful if you were Polish, eh?!

Well that wasnt the point exactly. They were expecting a MASSIVE update since it was their 100th, but all they updated was fonts.

That annoying faerie from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is sad? Good! She deserves it! I still hear that annoying voice in my nightmares...

HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN!

LOOL, never played the game but believe it or not, my mom used to play it a lot and I HATED that stupid faerie. Heck, I hated the whole game.

Luckilly I dont live at home anymore so I dont have to listen to it.

Upvote 0
I love you Tripwire, but leaving the game so unbalanced for so long is crazy.

I wasn't expecting the updates to die off so quickly. It went from at least one update a month to this?

Last actual update was November 24th:

We have just released an update for Killing Floor with fixes for a couple of outstanding issues:
Fixed the game crashing during startup on Windows 2000
Fixed the game hitching or freezing when seeing each type of specimen for the first time(this fix was awesome)

Please, just the regular bug fixing/exploit fixing updates would be nice. I'm not asking for any new content, just regular maintenance of the game...

And as far as the balancing patch is concerned, just remove sharpshooter and all his weapons :)

Upvote 0