• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pointe Du Hoc?

@ blitz

Wait so should they have waited for Twrecks to finish the mg42 before they could have started working on the TV show or contacted him to do it? If you owned a company that wasn't getting much work, would you give the only work that you do get to the people in your company (the ones you see every day who try make a living through modelling etc) or outsiders? Of course you would give it to your own company. I understand your frustration in regards to the vehicle mod team but you can't blame AMG/TWI for this.

Honestly can't see any connections to the VMT here or am I not allowed anymore to criticize/talk about issues that I see keep rising in the past without blaming me for trolling or something?
There must be a reason why not a single mod is alive anymore, players keep leaving the RO franchise and whole communities and clans quit the game.
Blaming the players for it or calling this process "normal" is far away from truth.

@MG42 from Twrecks.
No I did not expect Tripwire to wait for him to finish it.
The only thing I expect from professional developers is to have a well working communication.
They did know that he was working on it, informing him would at least have him saved a few hours.
Even if you Twrecks claim to be not that frustrated it's not the way they should go if they want to keep the modding scene alive.

All this comes from a former RO franchise fan, player with 3.000h in game, clan leader, former TWI Ladder Admin and Modder from the first day.
Blaming me for trolling is not that fair but everybody is entitled to his opinion I guess?

Upvote 0
There must be a reason why not a single mod is alive anymore, players keep leaving the RO franchise and whole communities and clans quit the game.
Blaming the players for it or calling this process "normal" is far away from truth.
Why is it not possible for people to leave of their own volition? No one forced them to leave, mod teams have their own "internal struggles" and I am sure TWI knows all about that since they started as a mod team.

To be fair, twrecks could still work on his mg42 just for fun (or for a portfolio) but that is up to him. Same thing could be said about the vehicle mod team, but that is all on them, not TWI.

Upvote 0
Just because you saw something in the video doesn't mean its anywhere near close to usable.

Lets take the pershing for example. We saw it moving with animated tracks and turret. We then saw what appears to be a edited in firing animation.

Do we know if its even drivable with all the gears and torque modeled?

Do we know if the 20+ armour groups are finished on the model?

Do we know if the 30+ hit boxes are done on and inside the model?

How about the 20+ animations that are done inside the tank?

We have no idea if this content is anywhere ready for use. ^ This is part of the reason why people didn't get new vehicles in. Its hard work for these artist to get done with these extensive projects. We do have TWI to blame for that.

Upvote 0
Helping on the Raid was a side project for AMG, during the time of creating the previous update with SDKFZ & UC. The production of the Raid actually didn't take capacity away from AMG, instead it allowed AMG to hire some new people that are now working on future RO2 content. (It was a serious amount of work non the less though).

As was said by some others it's important to know the difference of putting something fully in game and making something visible for a recording. The Tank you see is essentially a PZIV. There are various vehicles you can see throughout the raid, yet the development of a game ready SDKFZ 251 took more work than all those vehicles combined. While it includes a lot of cool stuff, it would only be about 15% done if everything was to become a playable game. However similarly not everything created was done by AMG, for work on this project we had a special agreement with the Forgotten Hope team, allowing us to use some of their models for this production.

If anything I personally think that the Raid would probably only be for the better of the community. Like the MG42 even though a lot of additional work is required some things seen in the Raid might eventually make it into the game, creating updates costs money and by having some things available from other ventures makes it possible to get essentially bigger updates within a similar budget.

Similarly it helped AMG develop more as a company, teaching us new skills and tricks that should reflect into future content, and allows us to keep helping TWI in supporting their games :). We would like to show our own little trailer about some things we did with the raid in the future, but we need to get clearance to show that :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0