• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

please don't make vietcong/NVA soldiers reload AK with left hand .

that wrong for AK in so many level . our soldier never reload and charge the AK with left hand like american on youtube

we reload AK and charge it by right hand only in every stand . like this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8J1AyXNX0M

please make it right

You if ever had military training, you know that you can reload AK-74M however you like to, even by charging shutter by left hand moving it under the gun.

Upvote 0
You if ever had military training, you know that you can reload AK-74M however you like to, even by charging shutter by left hand moving it under the gun.

I guess that's not the point he wanted to make. If I understood him correctly, he wanted to point out that the Vietnamese army manual for AKs calls for the operation of the charging handle only with the right hand (which, btw, seems odd to me; we had a rifle which was bolt/charging-handle-wise very similar to the AK and we were taught to operate the handle exclusively with the left (weak) hand).

Upvote 0
I was only trained to use my right hand for it, with a weapon of AK family. It may be that things have changed since I did my military service but then again, we are talking about Vietnam war era here.

I guess you did your service in the FDF. I did mine in the Swiss army - especially the older generations of our militiamen were always very fond of the Finns because of how they handled the Russians in the Winter War... one of my grandfathers waited for the Germans in 1940; they knew that they would lose eventually but they hoped that they'd succeed in taking as many Germans with them as the Finns took Russians...

Upvote 0
Yeah, we used 7,62 RK 62 (Finnish version of AK-47).

More power to you and the FDF! Stay free and ready. Unfortunately, my country is run pretty much by idiots. The left thinks we should have no army at all and the right (which is responsible for the army) is for the most part too vain in their patriotism to want to learn from other small armies like the FDF or the IDF which have an actual track record of butt kicking way bigger invading forces. Btw we used the 5.6mm Fass 90. Unlike the army itself it is very decent. Looks different but they told us that the bolt was pretty much copied from the AK. What was the FDF's reasoning for making the soldiers let go of the pistol grip to operate the charging handle? Does it not take longer to reload that way? Just wondering...

Upvote 0
that wrong for AK in so many level . our soldier never reload and charge the AK with left hand like american on youtube

we reload AK and charge it by right hand only in every stand . like this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8J1AyXNX0M

please make it right

It's a game and people can reload the weapons on either hands. This is so not important.

Besides, I'm sure the developer has already did a lot of research about the game. Hell, I think they also have Vietnamese people in their development teams.

Upvote 0
It's a game and people can reload the weapons on either hands. This is so not important.

Besides, I'm sure the developer has already did a lot of research about the game. Hell, I think they also have Vietnamese people in their development teams.

Unfortunately, no on Vietnamese people in the team. It would be handy if did, but no such luck. Yes, on a lot of research - hadn't seen the piece about the Vietnamese being trained to change mags with their right hands. Unsurprisingly, the vast bulk of the material available is US-centric/US viewpoint.

Upvote 0
I think the best thing to do is make more inquiries or take some advice from the Vietnamese in the community. As a Viet, I'm sure we would be more than glad to answer a few questions that you may not know from your viewpoint to maintain some accuracy. It would be better to ask rather than assume and end up making some sort of mistake or anachronism. However, I really don't why September has been acting so aggravated in his posts although he does point out some important details that should be noted. :)

Upvote 0
I think the best thing to do is make more inquiries or take some advice from the Vietnamese in the community. As a Viet, I'm sure we would be more than glad to answer a few questions that you may not know from your viewpoint to maintain some accuracy. It would be better to ask rather than assume and end up making some sort of mistake or anachronism. However, I really don't why September has been acting so aggravated in his posts although he does point out some important details that should be noted. :)

Respectfully, I'd be p'd too BR. I grew up in So Cal and have many Viet friends.

regards
gx

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, no on Vietnamese people in the team. It would be handy if did, but no such luck. Yes, on a lot of research - hadn't seen the piece about the Vietnamese being trained to change mags with their right hands. Unsurprisingly, the vast bulk of the material available is US-centric/US viewpoint.
we reload and charging the AK with right hand because it is the right thing to do . russian teach everyone on their side to do it . you can also see it here
even ex-russian spetsnaz in US did it
7.62 x 39 AK (type 2 or 3) are pretty heavy , hold the rifle in one hand by holding the pistol grip make you tire up your arms quickly in combat > lower stamina , lower accuracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdr52tK1IrI

Last edited:
Upvote 0