• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Playerbase of RS

More servers should have a !votekick option.

and

same here.
I hope it clears out.
I enjoyed the small community not this pos.
RS made a huge step towards COD style and i totally dislike it.

The game isn't becoming anything more like COD in terms of gameplay. If you mean the game is getting bigger then that is certainly true, that should be considered a good thing as the benefits far outweigh a few annoying kiddies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mods dont give people boot often enough. Servers are full and there are people waiting to join when a slot is free. We don't need little kids screaming, griefing and occupying critical roles, there are decent players waiting to join. Yeah you can mute them, but as I said, griefing, initial TKing and occupying key roles and not doing your job.

And when it comes to kick voting; people whine about kids in chat and haven't even voted to kick the scumbag themselves :mad: When I open the kick menu, no votes.

Luckily, there are few servers with really nice playerbase.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mods dont give people boot often enough. Servers are full and there are people waiting to join when a slot is free. We don't need little kids screaming, griefing and occupying critical roles, there are decent players waiting to join. Yeah you can mute them, but as I said, griefing, initial TKing and occupying key roles and not doing your job.

And when it comes to kick voting; people whine about kids in chat and haven't even voted to kick the scumbag themselves :mad: When I open the kick menu, no votes.

Luckily, there are few servers with really nice playerbase.

To be fair RO2 has one of the least intuitive and functional vote kick systems I have ever seen on any game.

Upvote 0
As one who is older (lets just say 50+) who enjoys WWII in many aspects, I enjoy this game. Still, I think it is the leveling up and achievements along with the action levels early in this game. Changing gameplay to attract more people does nothing but bring in people who do not know the game or how it's played and they expect the whole game to be just like the first couple of levels.

Back when Ghost Recon came out, everyone was amazed at what happened the first few minutes of the game when they first ran out into the open looking for enemy to shoot at. They were killed practically instantly. That was a wake-up call to everyone, you had to be careful if you expected to be able to finish the level. Not doing so was going to get you killed, especially playing the SP or Coop parts of the game.

As far as TvT or FFA, it all devolves into Quake Arena or UT, even when there are objectives involved. No one wants to defend an objective, they want to run and gun to get a kill. That happens in any game that has MP other than Coop. You have to find like minded people that want to play the objective based MP as it is intended, but that is hard when you are trying to attract people from other games and they buy said game with the expectations of it being like what they are used to playing.

Ghost Recon was bastardized due to said thinking and it is now a shell of it's GOTY self (meaning it was an award and not what some think of as in extras tossed in with the game). It has become a 3rd person shooter run and gun game instead of the 1st person shooter Tac-Sim it once was, and that goes for the other RSE franchise. It too was a GOTY award winner, yet now it is a run and gun Quake clone. TWI would do it's fans a big service if they quit running after flavor of the month gamers and concentrated on their hardcore fans that liked RO/RO2 for what they were.

I like a slowered paced FPS like GR (y'all did hire the man who created the maps for R6/RS/GR after all) and this franchise has the potential to grow as long as it is kept they way it was.

Upvote 0
Cpt-Praxius........I feell your pain with most of your complaints. We wouldn't be having these issues, if Mommy and Daddy would have beat little Johnny more often, and taught him about showning respected to others......:D:D:D

Anyways your invited to stop by our server. It's only a 20 slot server for now (most likely moving up to 32). Our Admins generally play a little later at night aroun 8-9 pm CST.

We even allow a couple Canadians play with us.(Just don't tell anybody) Ones from Yellow Knife and the other who is a founding member of the GITS is a Newfie if you want to claim him as Canadian.... plus a couple more......

I know the time diffence and ping might kill you, but the invite is always open.......

Upvote 0
Cpt-Praxius........I feell your pain with most of your complaints. We wouldn't be having these issues, if Mommy and Daddy would have beat little Johnny more often, and taught him about showning respected to others......:D:D:D

Anyways your invited to stop by our server. It's only a 20 slot server for now (most likely moving up to 32). Our Admins generally play a little later at night aroun 8-9 pm CST.

We even allow a couple Canadians play with us.(Just don't tell anybody) Ones from Yellow Knife and the other who is a founding member of the GITS is a Newfie if you want to claim him as Canadian.... plus a couple more......

I know the time diffence and ping might kill you, but the invite is always open.......
So which server is yours?

Upvote 0
Those of you that say this isn't stepped toward cod . Your dumb! They have attempted to find a medium in the whole realism/action since RO2.

In this game they definitely found it the fact that the maps have no real movement and force you to charge in to a kill zone so players can be spoon fed kills. It has abandoned the whole work with your team aspect. The maps are poorly constructed to offer variance or any type of real movement. The fact that you have to play action at first is proof enough who they are aiming to plead

Upvote 0
:D

I've spent some 18 months running servers. This is a pattern which repeats itself. it's like a brief locust infestation. Most of these nit-wits are what I call "hive dwellers." Gum-snapping social network freaks. They have all the attention span of a spaniel in a fire-hydrant factory. Most don't invest themselves in any game long term. Those that appreciate history and realism will stick around. Seen it all before.

Upvote 0