• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Player health and armour

eckojay

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
I've looked through the forums and was surprised to find very few people talking about this.

Am I the only one who is unhappy with the health and armour display above players heads in the game? I find them really difficult to read at a glance, especially when there's more than one. The lack of borders and heavy saturation make them really painful to look at too.

But most importantly from a gameplay standpoint, they're bloody massive. I can barely a thing with all of these huge coloured bars running around the map. If there happens to be a team mate or two in a hallway good luck seeing anything other than the health. The problem only seems to get amplified with distance. It's caused me to be blind to 50% of the zeds in front of team mates most of the time.

I just feel as though there are numerous improvements that could be made to them such as size reduction, easier colouring, some transparency or possible number representation. It seemed to contrast pretty heavily with how polished the rest of the game seemed, UI included.

Anyone else had issues with this?

I've looked through the forums and was surprised to find very few people talking about this.

Am I the only one who is unhappy with the health and armour display above players heads in the game? I find them really difficult to read at a glance, especially when there's more than one. The lack of borders and heavy saturation make them really painful to look at too.

But most importantly from a gameplay standpoint, they're bloody massive. I can barely a thing with all of these huge coloured bars running around the map. If there happens to be a team mate or two in a hallway good luck seeing anything other than the health. The problem only seems to get amplified with distance. It's caused me to be blind to 50% of the zeds in front of team mates most of the time.

I just feel as though there are numerous improvements that could be made to them such as size reduction, easier colouring, some transparency or possible number representation. It seemed to contrast pretty heavily with how polished the rest of the game seemed, UI included.

Anyone else had issues with this?
I haven't had a problem with it. But then again the class I seem to play most often is medic so that might be why I don't have a problem with it.

Upvote 0
While I agree its sorta bloated and intrusive, I think its also needed to be. It needs to standout in all the chaos around you. If you can spot a team mate in trouble you can save them/heal them. If you make them transparant it would be harder too spot/see to whom is in trouble with all the stuff going on around you.

Upvote 0