• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Perk Not Showing Up in Menu

Acreo Aeneas

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
So I wrote two perks so far: SASPerk and RoyalLancerPerk. SASPerk shows up in my game menu when I connect to my server (server banner in signature). RoyalLancerPerk does not. I've triple-checked my code and that I've uploaded the files. However, it doesn't show up. I've been trying to figure this out for the past few days. Could someone look over the code to see if perhaps I missed something?

I'm running Scrn Balance 6.01 and ServerPerks 6.50. Both perks compile without errors. Both perks have icons I've made already for them.

ScrnBalance.ini:
Code:

####################################################################
#	11 - Special Air Serviceman
CustomPerks=11:SASPerk.SASPerk

#	12 - Royal Lancer
CustomPerks=12:RoyalLancerPerk.RoyalLancerPerk

ServerPerks.ini:
Code:

#############################################################################
#					ScrN Server Perks
#############################################################################
Perks=ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnVetBerserker
Perks=RoyalLancerPerk.RoyalLancerPerk
Perks=ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnVetGunslinger
Perks=SASPerk.SASPerk
Perks=ScrnBruteGunnerPNW.ScrnVetBruteGunnerPerk
Perks=ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnVetSupportSpec
Perks=ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnVetDemolitions
Perks=ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnVetFirebug
Perks=ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnVetFieldMedic
#Perks=ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnVetSharpshooter
#Perks=ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnVetCommando

RoyalLancerPerk.uc
[removed]

Last edited:
I think I found the problem (UCC.log for server):

Code:
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Warning: Failed to load 'B94_T': Can't find file for package 'B94_T'
Warning: Failed to load 'B94Mut': Can't find file for package 'B94_T'
Warning: Failed to load 'RoyalLancerPerk': Can't find file for package 'B94_T'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class RoyalLancerPerk.RoyalLancerPerk': Can't find file for package 'B94_T'[/COLOR]
Warning: Failed to load 'PBgun': Can't find file for package 'PBgun'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class PBgun.PBPickup': Can't find file for package 'PBgun'
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Warning: Failed to load 'B94_T': Can't find file for package 'B94_T'
Warning: Failed to load 'B94Mut': Can't find file for package 'B94_T'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class B94Mut.B94Pickup': Can't find file for package 'B94_T'[/COLOR]
Warning: Failed to load '3ScrnBalanceSrv': Can't find file for package '3ScrnBalanceSrv'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class 3ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnDual44MagnumLaserPickup': Can't find file for package '3ScrnBalanceSrv'

*highlighted in orange...

Apparently, my server isn't saving some files and amongst them is the B94's texture file. Sent a support ticket in just now since I can't seem to upload or download any files from the server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fixed. I didn't think of a file being missing. Apparently after talking with my host, the servers FTP server went bonkers shortly after I started uploading my new perk and files. So it failed to store the V-94's files, thus the game could load the new perk because it couldn't find any of the V-94 weapon files. At the time of the first post, I had thought and assumed all my files got uploaded and it didn't even occur to me to check the server log.

Thanks much Poosh!

Upvote 0