• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

perfomance issues = OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes! the one week before release beta!!!

And? TWI is a small company famous for it's after-market updates and fixes. It's not like this is the version everyone is going to have to play forever like in the old cartridge days. I have every reason to believe that the game will be readily playable at launch, and the rest of the bugs will be ironed out in the first few months.

Reactions: Xienen
Upvote 0
Don't act like a spoiled brat.

Ask for a refund so we can get rid of you.

Idiot, you clearly don't comprehend the severity of the situation...

Let me explain this to you in lay-man terms, so the dior situation OP is in is truly conveyed.

This poster... OP, right, has purchased the BETA for a game known as "Red Orchestra 2", and apparently the BETA ISN'T optimized for all possible hardware combinations, including the combination of OP's rig!

This is insanity!!!

Upvote 0
yes! the one week before release beta!!!

That's the whole reason for opening up Beta's like this. To find those issues. It's part of the process. If they didn't release this beta, they might not have found the issues till full release and that would be a worse situation.

Also as the Devs have pointed out, they are aware of issues with certain configs and are working with AMD / ATI to resolve them. So could also be that the issues are down to drivers etc.

Calm down and be patient child.

Upvote 0
First of all, it'd be best to calm down =) We understand that this is frustrating, but please know that this issue is frustrating for us, as well.

Generally, the game is pretty well optimized, but we are having issues with some ATi Graphics Cards and some AMD CPUs. We have been talking directly with AMD on resolving these issues and that's an ongoing process. Hopefully we'll have more information on these issues soon.

This isn't just an ATI/AMD problem. There are people with 570's/580's getting 40fps and below.

Upvote 0
OMG, Beta isn't optimised!!!! Sound the alarm!!! Everyone panic.

Generally, the game is pretty well optimized, but we are having issues with some ATi Graphics Cards and some AMD CPUs...

How much optimization is gonna be done in 1 week? Not a lot I guess. So the reason to be cautious about it at release is given.

Upvote 0
First of all, it'd be best to calm down =) We understand that this is frustrating, but please know that this issue is frustrating for us, as well.

Generally, the game is pretty well optimized, but we are having issues with some ATi Graphics Cards and some AMD CPUs. We have been talking directly with AMD on resolving these issues and that's an ongoing process. Hopefully we'll have more information on these issues soon.

well.....I don't want to complain and I'm loving the game but......i don't think so ;)

Upvote 0
For the love of ZOMG! :) Oh the drama...

we are having issues with some ATi Graphics Cards and some AMD CPUs.

Yeah, you and every other developer releasing a game in 2011 it seems :) ATI can keep their "fastest card evar" claims - because "works as expected with most games" is NOT a claim they can currently make alongside it. 2011 has been a terrible year for ATi owners and game developers alike - I haven't bought one for years, and probably never will again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.