• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

people who suck and don't buy armor

Yeah I know what you mean dude.
But the most stuuuuuuuupid thing I saw was yesterday was a LVL 4 Demo insulting me and our teammates because I FP bursted one of his pipes on Doom2-Final on Hard. He then started ranting that he didn't want to waste more money on pipes and we were homosexuals for not killing the FP when the same Demo was M32 spamming the Blue Room as the FP came from the Brown Room with Crawlers and Stalkers. Just goes to show how stupid people can be to the point of not wanting to help the team because it's "too expensive".

Upvote 0
/That's the game./ I hate to break it to you, but if you are getting pissed at idiot players while /playing on normal/ then you may as well quit now because you will be suicidal once you hit suicidal. People do stupid stuff all the time. Use non-perked weapons. Don't buy armor. Run into the middle of a group and then complain when they die. People who constantly stand in front of the group and block shots. People who stay in front with 5% health, dodge the medic's shots, then won't shut up about not being healed. People who back into you when you throw grenades and you kill yourself. People who rage the FP/Scrake/Patty way down the map. People who constantly shoot grenades 3 feet in front of the group. All sorts of stupid activity.

So either get used to it now or just quit because once you start going up in difficulty, you are only going to get more frustrated.

I can agree with you on most of that. Sometimes the lack of solid common sense in a game that requires a good bit of it is frightening.

But as to where it is found, I disagree. I've been creeping up from hard with a group of friends into suicidal and hoe. I can say that from my own experience that there are less of the people you mention on the higher difficulties, and more of that on the lower.

Personal online experiences may vary.

I've solved my armor woes though. At the moment my only two level 6 perks are medic and firebug. So usually I spawn as one of those because they have plenty of killing power for wave one and free armor to boot. Then I just switch or stay. I just feel naked without armor :confused:

Of course I'll probably move away from this once I get more perks to 5 or 6, but it solves my armor problem for now :cool:

Upvote 0
People who don't buy armor seems to be an odd thing to complain about, considering the other stupid things they do.

I suppose if they're newbies, have a complete loadout, full ammo, and extra money, then don't buy armor (if they know where the button is, how useful armor is, etc) then yeah it's irritating, usually because the money came from other players.

The armor purchase button doesn't exactly stand out a lot, and maybe people don't PLAN on taking damage. Personally my choice to get armor or not depends on what perk I'm using, and my team's skill. Holding off on armor for a few waves is perfectly acceptable to me if you're a berserker, or even a 'fragile' perk like sharpshooter, as long as you stay in the back. Medics have cheap armor, though, and I expect them to run around near the front lines to be healing and getting hurt by the occasional crawler or bloat.

Upvote 0
I can say that from my own experience that there are less of the people you mention on the higher difficulties, and more of that on the lower.

While there are more on the lower difficulties, there are plenty on the higher levels.

I was playing in an HoE game yesterday on Biotics. A lvl 5 sharpie joins. I stay at spawn and he runs off. 30 seconds later he dies with the message "3 bloats jumped on me." Of course they did. That is what happens when someone runs around at full speed on a map with doors everywhere. He quits. The next wave some lvl 6 sharpie joins and he wants to fight with no armor way up the hall at the door on the left. Of course he dies in under a minute and I'm not running up there to heal him. He quits as well.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0