• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Peek-A-Boo Behind you!

I can confirm that this zed teleport thing is insanilier than ever right now.

I run out of street from two sirens just to be confronted by them in the next room I enter. Zed I just saw behind me causally walks on me from behind the next corner I cross. This stuff is atrocious.
Yeah, I'm getting this crap too now. It was stupid before but it's like the spawn/teleport system was put on crack and the result is things spawning right next to you if you look away for .00001 seconds and zed that you're running away from can now spawn right in front of you if there's a corner coming up... WTF

Upvote 0
I've been trying to play solo Sharpshooter and this stuff is really messing with me...

Solo play is nearly 100% dependent on proper kiting, and 9/10 games that I play right now I end up dying at some random point because I walk around a corner or through a door and there is a suddenly a stalker or a siren in my way that wasn't there before. I can't hear or see them coming because they were physically not there until I stepped into the doorway, and I'm not even talking running far, this happens nearly every room.

The stalker is the worst, because of the new resistance system, as a sharpshooter, I am feebly ineffective against them. I have to get a headshot or I can dump round after round into them and not kill one. And I get even less warning because of the cloaking. edit: fixed by live update

Hell, even on boss waves, I am dying almost every time to the spawn of trash specimens instead of the boss, for the same reasons. Hard to kill arbitrarily resistant hordes that teleport and surround me. It's not fun at all because I spend 10 minutes wearing down the boss' enormous health pool and avoiding his attacks and then get taken out by a group of stalkers that instantly spawned no less than 10 ft away from me.

Before the last couple of updates, I could solo suicidal nearly every game. But now trying to play this game is just frustrating. It feels like I am being punished several different ways for playing like I always have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had one siren left on the map and some 6-ish other zeds.

I kept running and... That. Siren. Was. Around. Every. Corner.
Yeah, before this patch it was most likely that the siren you were running away from would spawn around the corner but now it's a 100% guarantee that even if was 2 ft behind you, it will spawn ahead of you right behind that corner. But now it's not just sirens it's all the stupid trash flooding in front of you right after they were behind...

TWI said they were taking a look at spawning, I really hoping making it 500% worse wasn't intentional. :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay, I have been thinking about this for a while, but...how about we canonize the whole zed-teleporting business and make-it-obivious?
The in-game story consists of a biotech company with buttload of fancy stuffs, 2 mad scientist with no regard to morality and in general wacky bull****ery that adding a teleporter won't seem to be too out-of-place. An obivious, in-your-face sign of teleporting (loud sound, big flash, "dazed"
zed) make it less a buggy nuisance and more of a valid tactic that you need to consider. So, make it canon that Han and Pat can and will teleport their troops around in order to corner you. Make it canon that they will freakin rain zed above your head, telefrag be damned, if you try to hole up a place too long for them to reliably predict that you won't change position anytime soon.
The game conductor, as of right now, seems like a whacked up mute-and-invisible A.I with no personality who is unreliable at best. How about giving it a voice?
Say, is it a little...underwhelming for Pat and Hans to just, you know, pop up suddenly in the final wave without much prior warning? With not much of a build up?
How about giving their voice to the game conductor?
Make them more..interactive. Make them talk, make them gloat, make them mash the spawn buttons while foaming out their mouth watching you survive everything they can throw at you.
Make you realize that you have make them mad enough to actually leave their throne to personally go kick your butt.

Upvote 0
Here's an interesting case I've found demonstrating the uselessness of teleporting zeds.

http://imgur.com/a/12zMo

These screenshots are taken about 15 seconds apart from each other. No video but I started shooting to show the time difference between each. This is happening often enough for me that I think this can be easily recreated for anyone as well. Just do solo farmhouse, stand up on the balcony and leave one siren alive.

I'm not trying to kite this zed. I'm not trying to run. I am holding out. The Siren spawned somewhere, tried to walk to me, and the teleport timer kicked in before it could make it to me. So it put it on the roof near me. It falls off, tries to walk back, and gets teleported again. It can't ever damage me with the range of it's screams.

This zed will never reach the player here solely because of teleporting

Beyond this being one particularly bad bug location, this kind of Sisyphean helplessness just proves that the teleport system is not helping with it's intended purpose of making sure zeds reach players. It's actively hindering it, here. And seriously immersion and fun breaking when I can count one specific zed teleporting and falling off the roof over and over again.

Upvote 0
You are certainly making a good argument, IF that was the reason they are in. The reason is a mystery, but clearly TW like it and want it/have a plan for it.

Can someone help test this for me: Slasher jumping aggressively out of the window on Burning Paris, when walking along the scaffolding towards the spawn point. Jumps out from the left.

What I'm saying is (needs confirmation but) I've noticed this exact behaviour a few times from that area now. I'm starting to think the plan behind teleports is a ghost-train style fright round certain areas and predictable corners with the final version not being "every corner known and recorded by man".

Point being nice argument but it doesn't hold up if they are there for multiple reasons. I'm with you guys here, they are screwing my plays up and getting me killed, but we don't know why they insist on keeping it in especially with ramped up Sirens again. I mean they've taken it out like twice now haven't they? And just put it back in later?

They must have a reason or plan for that. Would be good to know what it was. I think it's also tied into the core direction they want to take the game, so it's tricky I assume considering a lot of stuff would have been built on this core direction.

Again, would be good to have some light shed on it!

Upvote 0