• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gamer Weekender

On the event's website only KF2 is listed. Why do you think RS2 will be shown?

Because you better learn to read - "President John Gibson will take the mic to discuss Killing Floor 2's journey through Early Access, and hint at what's next for 2016. John will be joined by Jack Hackett, producer at Antimatter Games, to reveal something "new and exciting" for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam"
Any more doubt that RS2 wont be shown?

Upvote 0
You better learn some manners. I ve seen this article and rhere is no clear info, that we ll see real gameplay footage. Whats the chance that it wont be bla bla presentation with couple of screenshots behind the producers back?
We need YOSHIRO asap to clarify :)

People have become more self-indulge. Relax, comrade. We'll have our few screenshots. That's not so awful as you think.

Upvote 0
Just saw the trailer and while it looks like its going to be fun.

the engine is showing its age badly. The animations are terrible. I know its an alpha but it doesnt look like i will be paying full price for this. The maps look sort of lame short of the rice patty one.

I hope im wrong but im supremely disappointed. Bad move to use UE3 again.

Hopefully those guys at popsmoke games are still working hard on their vietnam game using NEW technology. but no updates have come from them in months. so its probly dead.

EDIT

just checked.

apparently this screenshot leaked. Check the reciever of the gun. Its the popsmoke games logo!

Sorry tripwire , you blew it with UE3
Killing Floor 2 is using UE3 and it looks fine. These days games like KF2 and most likely RS2 are using heavily modified versions of UE3. Yeah, there's more powerful engines out there but people always seem to completely discount developer experience with a certain engine which is why it isn't always a no-brainer to switch to a new one.

And while you say you "know its alpha" you don't actually seem to care about what the statement is supposed to mean if you're this disappointed with what you saw. It certainly wasn't the most glamorous trailer, but given that was just straight up gameplay it seems alright given the current state of the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Killing Floor 2 is using UE3 and it looks fine. These days games like KF2 and most likely RS2 are using heavily modified versions of UE3. Yeah, there's more powerful engines out there but people always seem to completely discount developer experience with a certain engine which is why it isn't always a no-brainer to switch to a new one.

And while you say you "know its alpha" you don't actually seem to care about what the statement is supposed to mean if you're this disappointed with what you saw. It certainly wasn't the most glamorous trailer, but given that was just straight up gameplay it seems alright given the current state of the game.

There is no reason to be using a modified engine of something released in 2004 in the year of our lord 2016. Are they going to be developing games for ue4 in 2025? I hope not.

this is like bethesda continuing to pump out games on gamebryo and saying "NO ITS MODIFIED SO ITS NOT GAMEBRYO"

it doesnt matter. Its not okay. especially if you are asking anything more than 30 dollars for what is essentially a mod.

Upvote 0