• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PBBans supports Red Orchestra 2

What he is trying to say is that PB may kick you for not being updated but it is very rare, almost never, that someone is banned by PB unless they are truly hacking or have a hack in their possession.

The PB haters are typically ones that have A) Been Caught B) Don't understand how vital it is to help keep the game pure.

Manually updating PB is a breeze. I may have been kicked by PB 10 times out of 1,000s of hours of game play.

If you feel so good about supporting the community you would support PB. PB keeps everyone more honest and prevents those who want to cheat the community from doing so.

About five years ago I was informed, quite forcefully, by a group of players that cheats were impossible in RO with VAC. I paid $10 and downloaded a hack and tested it. I took screenies to prove the hack was working. I sent an email to TI and a copy of the hack to Steam. I was also told by the group that once VAC had caught up with the hack I'd be banned a couple of weeks later. I never was. I heard nothing back from TI and got a form-letter from Steam, thanking me for my "interest in the game". That was the end of my pro-actively anti-cheat activity, now all I do if I suspect cheating is find another server.

I've tried PB a number of times over the years and it's never caused anything but trouble, on numerous rigs and OS, and even when it's been working there's not been proof that it is in fact preventing cheats. I'm sure it's caught plenty, just as has VAC, but cheats always seem to find a new way around the software, and in the case of the hack I tested a way to remain undetected.

I guess the best way to think of cheating is as a cancer that can't be killed but can be kept from growing out of control with chemo. Unfortunately the side-effects with PB are too much to stomach. VAC, at least, doesn't make my hair fall out.

Upvote 0
interesting :rolleyes:

I don't know about "interesting" but it certainly lead me to wonder how anyone could enjoy the game by cheating. All the soldiers turned neon, I could see through walls and the grenades turned neon too. It wasn't so bad for tankers, the wallhack part couldn't see through the tanks so only the players' heads were visible if they were out the hatch. No aimbot though. But the game looked like utter crap and there was zero challenge in it. Turned it into a kind of Space-invaders. But boy, it showed how many other players were using hacks and it was a lot. That was when I stopped playing infantry and went exclusively tanker.

Reactions: knigtstemplar
Upvote 0
About five years ago I was informed, quite forcefully, by a group of players that cheats were impossible in RO with VAC. I paid $10 and downloaded a hack and tested it. I took screenies to prove the hack was working. I sent an email to TI and a copy of the hack to Steam. I was also told by the group that once VAC had caught up with the hack I'd be banned a couple of weeks later. I never was. I heard nothing back from TI and got a form-letter from Steam, thanking me for my "interest in the game". That was the end of my pro-actively anti-cheat activity, now all I do if I suspect cheating is find another server.

I've tried PB a number of times over the years and it's never caused anything but trouble, on numerous rigs and OS, and even when it's been working there's not been proof that it is in fact preventing cheats. I'm sure it's caught plenty, just as has VAC, but cheats always seem to find a new way around the software, and in the case of the hack I tested a way to remain undetected.

I guess the best way to think of cheating is as a cancer that can't be killed but can be kept from growing out of control with chemo. Unfortunately the side-effects with PB are too much to stomach. VAC, at least, doesn't make my hair fall out.

I'm not sure which I despise more, cheats or PB. Cheats I guess, but PB runs a close second. I have never had anything but grief from PB-'protected' games. Even running around like a headless chicken making sure my PB was updated to the latest version was no guarantee of not being kicked from a server for breathing.

And I shan't even bother to describe the number of obvious cheats I've witnessed playing on PB-protected servers.

I do hope that you would be kind enough to change your name as I find it very offensive that you would recall a notorious war criminal or personalty in these forums.

Upvote 0
Most cheaters that were blatantly admitting that they were using cheats didn't really stick to the game for several years. Unless they quit using cheats.

Cheating for normal people will turn the game into a boring experience, people need challenge for a game to stay interesting. Which will make them drop the game eventually.

But there are a few exceptions where people basically get high on the emotional response of other people. Those people, can be considered real trolls. And no I'm not talking about the kind of forum trolls you see here.

No compared to those trolls, the forum trolls here are simply innocent funmakers. They litterally spend the majority of their hours on annoying other people, they do not have to be dumb or smart and they exist in every layer of society. Yet they are not completely emotionally competent.

The thing that's different about them is their persistence. They manage to upkeep the rediculous behaviour for weeks, maybe even months. And they can ruin the game experience for many others.

My guess would be that they are experiencing real life problems, and feel like acting their stress out on a videogame, and the online aspect of it seems appealing, but they distance themselves more than others would.

Upvote 0
I've been kicked a lot of times from games due to PB. I'm not a cheater, and it's insulting to see you putting in doubt peoples claims, when you're not in a position to see our computers to make such bold statements with a base.

I would say something we use in my language when someone like you say that bunch of things, but I'll keep it civilized and walk away.

There is a difference between raising a violation and being kicked for a random program that PB does not like.

Upvote 0
I've been kicked a lot of times from games due to PB. I'm not a cheater, and it's insulting to see you putting in doubt peoples claims, when you're not in a position to see our computers to make such bold statements with a base.
i guess the highlighted word "some" doesnt translate to your language
ever get the feeling that some dont like PB because they've been busted in the past :eek:

of course there are some here who have been busted before and just blowing hot air trying to sway public opinion .. in hopes that they wont get busted by PB again.
and there are some that just dont like PB for whatever reason
but looking at these numbers id say there is more than one poster in this thread that has been banned

grand total of 472,382 players have been busted
<a href="http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-overall-ban-statistics.html" target="_blank">http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-overall-ban-statistics.html
yep im sure there is one or two that have thier flithy eyes on RO2

look at cod4 ... PBbans has caught as many cheaters and PB alone
making pb twice as effective when streaming to PBbans

no wonder there are so many PB haters and false information out there on the web

Upvote 0
There is a difference between raising a violation and being kicked for a random program that PB does not like.

PB has always been very helpful, I was PB banned due to an update, I contacted the correct people, explained the problem, gave the error and the conditions of the ban. Within 24 hours the system was updated, removing my ban and I have not had any problems with it since.

Some folks tend to forget that although it may not be perfect, using PB is a much better than nothing as server admins have the option of setting the level of anti-cheat, IMO this is a good system. If you care not to use PB on the client side, it is your option to play on those servers that have it turned off, no one is forcing you to use it.

Upvote 0
i guess the highlighted word "some" doesnt translate to your language

of course there are some here who have been busted before and just blowing hot air trying to sway public opinion .. in hopes that they wont get busted by PB again.
and there are some that just dont like PB for whatever reason
but looking at these numbers id say there is more than one poster in this thread that has been banned

grand total of 472,382 players have been busted
<a href="http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-overall-ban-statistics.html" target="_blank">http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-overall-ban-statistics.html
yep im sure there is one or two that have thier flithy eyes on RO2

look at cod4 ... PBbans has caught as many cheaters and PB alone
making pb twice as effective when streaming to PBbans

no wonder there are so many PB haters and false information out there on the web

Why do you feel the need to keep justifying why you like PB so much? your posts read like you're trying to sell a product. You sound like a used car salesmen.

Listen some people view anti-cheat programs as the same they view DRM. I'm not saying they both don't have their uses, but some choose to use them and some don't. VAC is a necessary evil, but some people do not feel they need that extra protection(PB).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i have no problem with false positives on PB(Since it seems its a fair system for false positives)

Iam more afraid of a VAC buster. If those system inteferrer with each other, might it be possible that VAC raises a false Positive?

I remember me and friends playing CSS on a (vac secured) ZombieMod server. One of my friends had one of those lightzombies, thus a very high walkspeed.
Someone joined(seemed to be unexperienced with ZM) and flamed about him using speedhack etc and that he'll report him(user disconnected).

Ok as we know VAC does not ban for reports BUT they keep an eye on you(if i understood it correctly). The end of the story followed 24hours later: VAC ban for my friend. For VAC its not possible to contact any support. You always get the same snippet of text with:

"we are sorry [...] can not undo[....]kep your logindata save[....]"

So for ME VAC is the dead end here. Never had problems with it though, but its my personal worst nightmare. Ofcourse i'll play RO2, but VAC will always rumor in my head v.v.

Upvote 0