• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server PB Screen Shots Enabled

My team played two matches last two days.
15.11.2011, 21:00 CET - lagspikes, PB ON, PBBans streaming ON, PB SS ON
16.11.2011, 21:00 CET - lagspikes, PB OFF, PBBans streaming ON, PB SS ON

I bet that screenshot functionality is the problem. I check it tomorrow w/ screenshot fuction off and PB ON.
Am I mis-reading? How can you have screenshots ON when PB is OFF?

Everyone should be reminded that the server needs to be restarted after turning PB on/off before the command or setting takes hold.

Upvote 0
Am I mis-reading? How can you have screenshots ON when PB is OFF?

Everyone should be reminded that the server needs to be restarted after turning PB on/off before the command or setting takes hold.

I disabled PB protection from webadmin and server reported that PB is OFF, however I also have PBBans streaming applied to my server and that was still working (PB SS took many screenshots during match game).

Strange isn't it?

Upvote 0
I disabled PB protection from webadmin and server reported that PB is OFF, however I also have PBBans streaming applied to my server and that was still working (PB SS took many screenshots during match game).

Strange isn't it?
Did you manually (or through your GSP's portal) restart the server after turning PB off? It has been my understanding that to enable/start PB from a server not running it, one must restart the server after turning it on. And the same holds true for turning PB off from a server that has been running it.

If PBBans was still streaming after you turned PB off, then that indicates to me that the server was not restarted for the settings to take affect.

I would imagine, though I've not tested it, that changing PB from medium to high would also require a server restart.

And thanks, John, for the response to the problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Everyone,

Evenbalance have disabled the new screenshot functionality until they can sort out what the issue is. Please report if you are still having the issue today (or even better, report on the TWI Server Admins mailing list as that is highly visible to us).

Have PB back on and have restarted the servers. Will post results to the Admins list as requested.

Upvote 0
Everyone,

Evenbalance have disabled the new screenshot functionality until they can sort out what the issue is. Please report if you are still having the issue today (or even better, report on the TWI Server Admins mailing list as that is highly visible to us).

I turned PB back on with WebAdmin and the hesitations resumed.

Turning PB back off using WebAdmin and they've stopped.

Upvote 0
lance-corporal_jack_jones.jpg

Don't panic,Don't panic!
We got it all under control:

img-thing1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Everyone,

Evenbalance believe they now have a fix for this lag/spike/stall issue, and they have tested it out on Puggy's server as well as some others and have confirmed the fix. They are now rolling it out publicly and your servers should autoupdate to the new version automatically in the next little while.

Thanks to Puggy for offering up his server to us/Evenbalance to help resolve the issue.

Cheers,

John

Reactions: Jason_Argo
Upvote 0